Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Services Assistant for our Post Acute Care Services Department who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a Post Acute Care Service Assistant you will:
• Processes referrals quickly and effectively through and to admission or non-admission
• Managing the intake phone calls, managing the internal fax system (Focura), and monitoring/processing electronic systems for new referrals and moving referrals
• Obtaining appropriate documentation for complete referral (ie reach out to physician offices)
• Index documentation using EMR (ie. Focura to Home Care Home Base).
• Provides support to the AHC Acute Care Hospital Care Navigation teams by assisting with Post-Acute referral submissions, follow up, and other duties supporting the transition of persons served into Post-Acute Care Services (i.e. initiating and following up on authorizations for patients going to SNF from AHC hospitals, re-staffing referrals to other home care agencies when needed)
• Monitors electronic discharge systems for new referrals
• Collaborate and communicate with Clinical/non-Clinical liaisons pertaining to referrals
• Provides coverage support for PAC Intake team as appropriate
• Supports PAC Supervisors and Manager by providing reports, maintains schedules, facility assignments and other assigned projects
• Other duties as assigned (may include following up on face-to-face documents, following up on hospitalized patients, updating PECOS enrollment, assisting Medical Records as needed)
• High school diploma or equivalent required. AA Degree in Business or HealthCare preferred
• 3-5 years Home Care, Acute Rehab, Sub-Acute Rehab, or other Post-Acute setting preferred
• 100% of job in the Home Health office
Monday - Friday with weekends and holidays as needed.At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.