Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire an experienced Data Engineer IV who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental, and spiritual healing.
As a Data Engineer IV you will:
• Lead the creation and supports the ETL process to facilitate the on-boarding of data into the data warehouse and distribution of data across data stores from wide variety of sources using different ETL tools and technologies.
• Lead the design and develop the physical and virtual Data warehouse table schemas, database, data marts for new and existent data sources for the business's data warehouse.
• Lead the development and maintenance of informative and actionable data visualizations and reports for analysis, problem solving, and business solutions that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Lead all service operational tasks including but not limited to database setup, maintenance, configuration, programming, troubleshooting, debugging, testing, fulfilling support requests, resolving incidents, and managing problems.
• Lead the creation and support of routine and ad hoc data load processes through database refreshes and updates.
• Optimize data integration platform to provide optimal performance under increasing data volumes.
• Lead the preparation and maintenance of comprehensive understanding of data warehousing and ETL application lifecycle, technical architecture, data, configuration, and operational support requirements.
• Maintains detailed charts, diagrams, and flow charts outlining systems, hardware, interfaces, and configurations related to data warehousing, ETL jobs, Data visualization, Data analytics and other similar.
• Provide expertise in the design and development of best practice for big data stacking, data warehousing, data lake, ETL architecture, data federation, virtualization, data modeling procedures, data visualization, and workflows including technical documents.
• Lead the analytics support to generate insights in the form of dashboards, metrics, or reports for healthcare solutions including the collection of detail business analytics requirements from stakeholders and the development of standardized functional requirement documents.
• Lead the preparation of presentations and demonstrates business intelligence solutions to end users.
• Lead in the training of end users on new reports and dashboards
• Assist in leading the preparation of documents related to data governance, definitions, key metrics, and sample reports, ensuring alignment and consistency in reporting across the organization and standardized data analytics, visualization, and business intelligence reports.
• Lead the data Integration and data warehousing application portfolio support in the timely resolution of technology incidents while adhering to SLA prioritization and success measures including 24x7 on call support.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
• 7+ years' experience and knowledge of coding languages, including Java, XML, and SQL to extract data from various relational databases, application systems, flat files, XML documents, and load into data warehouses.
• 7+ years' experience in warehousing architecture techniques, including MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, DM, and EDW.
• 7+ years' experience as an ETL developer using.
• integration tools such as Talend and SSIS.
• Experience working on cloud-based environment such as AWS or Azure.
• Experience working with large scale.
• Data warehouses and related technologies.
• 7+ years working on building meaningful data analytics, reports, and visualizations in health care environment.
• Snowflake experience is preferred.
• Experience in metadata management and related tools.
• Advanced knowledge of database security, integrity, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
• 3 Years Supervisory Experience.
• Preferred Cloud-Data Warehouse certification or ETL Certification or Data Visualization.
• Experience with business intelligence software applications such as Tableau visualization, PowerBI, SQL servicer Management studio, IBM Cognos B.
Full Time Days
Monday - FridayAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.