AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to the more than 100 million Americans 50-plus and their families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
AARP's Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) Group includes Membership, Content and Editorial, Customer Experience, External Relations, Brand Strategy and Strategic Communications. Across paid, earned, shared and owned channels, ICM manages AARP's reputation, drives engagement and member growth, and showcases AARP's mission and value through one, integrated voice.
The Customer Experience Manager analyzes and executes consumer related projects by leveraging human-centered design (HCD) to enhance AARP's relationship with our consumers and other key audiences. Champions the consumer experience across the organization to ensure exceptional service is continuously provided to all consumers across all channels and platforms. Ensures the implementation of improvements to drive a best-in-class experience with the organization's products and services. Effectively collaborates with management to identify opportunities to improve processes and to develop new procedures that support the business unit/department and enhance AARP's work. Responsibilities
- Leads customer research projects and analysis of findings/data to understand member experience delights and pain points.
- Leverages human-centered design (HCD) and other innovation/product development approaches.
- Champions the customer experience across the organization to ensure exceptional customer journeys and service are continuously provided to all customers across all commercial channels and platforms.
- Leads the development of action plans to drive a best-in-class customer experience with the commercial benefits products and services.
- Collaborates with senior management to ensure the customer experience is developing long-term goals and strategic plans to ensure customer experience expectations are exceeded, which will position the organization for success
- Meets respective AARP SOW deliverables related to customer experience programs, projects, and initiatives
- Navigates ambiguity through strategic thinking, identifies and implements improvements to the processes, programs, and tools used in support of the customer experience efforts.
- Designs, manages, and conducts CX research in collaboration with external vendors and internal subject matter experts to inform the optimization of customer experiences in the commercial benefits space. Develops and deploys systematic actioning on customer experience insights by cross-functional representatives, to prevent recurrence of issues and to create new mutual value associated with key drivers of customer lifetime value.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience.
- Experience working within a large company or nonprofit, where it can take effort to influence mindsets and enact change.
- Proven results in creating products, tactics and/or programs that improve customer experience across touchpoints, business units and technologies.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects, evolving priorities and tight deadlines, with exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and visual).
- Passion for understanding consumer and user needs.
- Team-oriented and collaborative; passionately advocates and articulates opinions while maintaining flexibility to incorporate others point of view.
- The successful candidate must possess strong leadership and executive presence.
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.