AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering people 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With a nationwide presence, AARP strengthens communities and advocates for what matters most to the more than 100 million Americans 50-plus and their families: health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also produces the nation's largest circulation publications: AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin.
Information Technology Services is responsible for AARP enterprise-wide technology and information security functions. Services range from infrastructure design and operations, system and software lifecycle implementations, enabling the mobile workforce and protecting AARP network, systems and data. A variety of technologies and practices are used including cloud computing, automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning within highly collaborative Agile teams.
The Manager, Delivery Lead
is a core delivery resource on a capability team and a multi-faceted leader responsible for managing and coaching a team of Delivery Leads across other capability teams. The Manager, Delivery Lead
maintains dual responsibility of leading a team of Delivery Leads and owning delivery of capability areas. In the capacity as a manager and leader, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring other delivery leads consistently apply agile practices and drive quality delivery through a combination of coaching and performance management. As a Delivery Lead for assigned capability area(s), the incumbent is responsible for ensuring assigned capability team success by leveraging the appropriate Rapid Delivery methodology for predictable, quality delivery while maintaining a focus on continuous team improvements. Responsibilities
- Integrating Rapid Delivery (Agile or other) principles into team practices and work products, including coaching assigned capability team and Delivery Lead direct reports on reporting, backlog development, refinement and prioritization and facilitating team ceremonies.
- Driving the creation of consistent, value-driven user stories that incorporate best practices and enterprise guidance around architecture, information security, agile delivery, quality engineering, governance, service management and user adoption in their definition of done for work completion through direct involvement, and coaching of Delivery Lead direct reports.
- Leveraging delivery analysis and tools to evaluate, optimize, and continuously improve team output and delivery of business and technology outcomes; and ensuring other Delivery Lead positions also demonstrate this responsibility through effective people management, coaching, and mentoring.
- Identifying risks and dependencies proactively, removing impediments, and spearheading team problem-solving to achieve resolution or escalate concerns as needed; and ensuring other Delivery Lead positions also demonstrate this responsibility through effective people management, coaching, and mentoring.
- Managing third-party relationships including software licensing, statements of work (SOWs) and team financials for assigned team; and ensuring other Delivery Lead positions also demonstrate this responsibility through adherence to relevant AARP policies and standards.
- Working with the Practice Manager, Agile Delivery and the Community of Interest to increase the effectiveness of agile delivery practices and tools within the organization.
- Ensuring that a team of Delivery Leads meets defined individual and team goals, and role competencies through a combination of mentoring, coaching, and performance management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive IT experience and use of agile delivery methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with agile tools like Jira/Greenhopper, Jira Align, Rally, Version One or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft 365 product suite (Teams, SharePoint, Exchange, etc.), telephony, and other content and collaboration solutions.
- Experience with budget responsibility, statements of work, and vendor management.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage, coach, and mentor a team of seasoned and junior professionals in a matrixed environment.
- Technology delivery experience from concept to design, development, implementation, and support.
- SAFe, Certified Scrum Master, PO/PM certifications preferred.
AARP will not sponsor an employment visa for this position at this time. Additional Requirements
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions
- In office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.