Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Senior Congressional Liaison Officer - PN 23726
- Ongoing, full time
- USD $90,618 - $106,011
- Washington D.C, United States of America
About the position
This is a locally engaged staff position at an overseas Australian Diplomatic Mission.
The position is located within the Congressional Liaison Branch of the Australian Embassy in Washington DC. It forms part of a small team responsible for the strategic management of the Australian Government’s engagement with the US Congress and for monitoring, analysing and providing advice on US legislative and political developments of interest to Australia.
We offer a competitive package of benefits which includes
- medical employer subsidised group insurance - we subsidised between 84 to 90% of coverage,
- dental insurance,
- vision care,
- an employer matched retirement plan,
- 22 days recreation leave,
- 18 days sick leave each year (pro-rated for part time employment),
- 14 public holidays each year.
For further information - please use the link provided https://usa.embassy.gov.au/terms-and-conditions-employment
Work Authorisation Requirements
This position is a designated security assessed position. Employment in the advertised position is dependent on the employee having or acquiring a valid DFAT recognised security clearance. Security clearances can take several months to process, and employment cannot be commenced until an appropriate clearance is confirmed. There is no guarantee that the successful candidate for the position will be successful in obtaining a clearance. The inability to obtain a clearance prevents that applicant from being employed and loss of a security clearance at any time will lead to termination of employment.
Further information about engagement as a locally engaged staff member can be found at Employment Opportunities on the Australia in the USA website.
All enquiries about the position and the application process should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not submit applications directly to this email address, as they will not be considered.
How to apply:
Apply: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Senior Congressional Liaison Officer - PN 23726 (nga.net.au)
Applicants for this position may be eligible to apply for an A-2 visa on the basis of an offer of employment if they do not already fall into one of the employment eligibility categories listed:
· United States citizen
· A United States lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder)
· Valid US employment authorization
· Please note that A2 visas are valid for a period of 5 years and are non-renewable. Also, accompanying dependants of LES A2 visa cannot request work authorisation in the United States.