IT Network Engineer, IT Junior Wireless Network Engineer
Position #: 111468
The Junior Wireless Network Engineer’s role is to assist in ensuring the stability, integrity, and functionality of the University of Maryland’s wireless local area networks (WLANs) and associated wireless services.
This position requires analysis and troubleshooting skills. Assist with service improvements and upgrades (both client facing and administrative), equipment upgrades/replacements.
The Junior Wireless Network Engineer will assist in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support of all WLAN hardware, software, and communication links.
Other duties include assisting in updating network resources such as wireless maps. This position does require a valid drivers license.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Additional work experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four (4) years of the required education.
Experience: Zero (0) to two (2) years of professional experience supporting information technology infrastructure operations, maintenance, and administration.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
* Ability to follow directions from more senior team members
* A demonstrated commitment to customer service
* Ability to deliver assignments on time
* Skilled in the use of office productivity software such as Office 365 or Google Workspaces
* Experience in wired or wireless networking
* Experience in a higher education environment
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
* Flexible work opportunities;
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: $64,000-$72,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: This job requires the ability to install networking equipment that includes climbing ladders, lifting network equipment, working with hand tools, and accessing mechanical rooms. The ability to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment and machinery; to work in confined spaces; to use hand tools and test equipment; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Best consideration date: 10/11/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/113265
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.