NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Compliance Tester III
The Compliance Tester III (Principal Associate) performs a key second line of defense role, to help ensure corporate initiatives and departmental processes across all applicable lines of business, specifically within the Capital One Commercial Compliance Testing team are met. The Compliance Tester III will execute risk-based compliance transaction or control testing under the leadership of a team lead, for the purpose of independently validating Capital One activities by determining compliance with applicable swap dealer and futures laws and regulations - the National Futures Association (NFA) regulations and Commodities Futures Trade Commission (CFTC) Rules.
Responsibilities will include (but may not be limited to):
- Under the leadership of a team leader, executing targeted transaction or control testing for applicable Dodd-Frank compliance requirements.
- Manage testing schedules to ensure all tasks and reporting are completed within established timeframes.
- Analyze data from multiple sources and systematically document the work and results.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Compliance Advisors and Business Areas as needed.
- Assist in communicating results to the Compliance Officers, Advisors and Business area, as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of experience testing or monitoring in a compliance department for an institutional broker dealer, or at least 3 years of experience as a swap dealer, or at least 3 years of experience performing a compliance advisory role.
- Bachelor's degree in Auditing, or Accounting, or Finance, or Economics, or Information Systems, or Business Administration
- 4+ years of experience testing or monitoring
- 4+ years of experience as a compliance advisor in a compliance department for an institutional broker dealer or swap dealer
- 4+ years of experience with NFA, FINRA or CFTC
- Proficient knowledge of swaps (interest rate, or foreign exchange, or commodities), or derivatives or futures
- Proficient knowledge of the CEA, Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act and CFTC swap regulations
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $118,700 - $135,400 for Compliance Advisory Specialist III
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).