Summary Program Manager Arlington , VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
Chenega IT Enterprises, LLC, a Chenega company, has a challenging career opportunity in a Special Access Program that includes systems engineering and integration professional services for new technology engineering, testing, integration, and implementation.
The Program Manager
shall be the contractor's authorized point of contact with the government KO and the COR. The Program Manager
shall be responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Program Manager
within our ICON
team, you will:
- Serve as the liaison between contract support and the government point of contact.
- Provide leadership support for the contract team.
- Understand drivers of project costs; maintain project forecasts and manage overall project burn; proactively manage costs within funding restrictions and with an eye toward profit maximization.
- Develop strategies based on best practices to complete the assigned task.
- Analyze, prioritize, and document project requirements; facilitate a common understanding/agreement of project requirements among stakeholders; control changes to requirements, ensuring they stay within the scope of work.
- Proactively identify, define, and report project risks; participate in the development and execution of risk mitigation plans.
- Ensure project deliverables meet customer needs, contract requirements, and corporate standards.
- Keep stakeholders aware of project status.
- Ensure that project documents are stored and archived according to corporate standards.
- Ensure that project stakeholders are consistently provided with the information they require and ensure that communication between stakeholders flows efficiently and effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Certifications: PMP preferred
- Active TS/SCI clearance required
How you'll grow
- Ability to obtain Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent certification.
- Ability to drive Project Management tenets through the project lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills: Ability to influence, facilitate, gain consensus, and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to handle a large, complex workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluation methods and techniques.
- Ability to handle controversial situations with tact and diplomacy.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program