ERP International is seeking a full time Ophthalmology Technician to support the Refractive Surgery Center at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX! Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Visionm STD/STD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 9 hour shift between 5:30am and 6:0pm, including aone-hour lunch.
Refractive Research Technician Specific Duties: The duties include, but are not limited to the following;
• Perform initial medical screening of patients including history, distance and near visual acuity with and without correction or pinhole, pupillary light reflex, and application tonometry; assist with all aspects of patient care.
• Evaluate triage patients needing immediate attention.
• Answer or refer patient questions and chaperone patient exams, as needed.
• Establish a sterile field and assists with minor surgical procedures including PRK and LASIK and other refractive surgical procedures.
• Perform ophthalmic studies including auto refraction, keratometry, tonometry, visual field testing, pachymetry, specular microscopy, ophthalmic photography, potential acuity, brightness acuity, and other studies.
• Use and maintain an autorefractor, phoropter, auto and manual keratometer, tonopen, Humphrey and Goldman visual field machines, corneal topographer, A-scan machine, pachymeter, specular microscope, ophthalmic photography equipment, slit lamp, potential acuity meter, brightness acuity test, color vision plates, stereo vision test, and personal computers.
• Assist, educate, and train PRK staff, Ophthalmology Clinic residents, and other technicians in day-to-day clinic activities including organizing and maintaining exam room stocks.
• Assist with clinical training activities to include laser certification wet labs, optometrist comanager certification courses, and resident educational activities.
• Perform Excimer laser responsibilities to include equipment and instrument inventory and upkeep.
• Assist with clinical research protocols to include consenting subjects, assisting with completion of required study documentation, verification and auditing of study documents, data extraction, and handling of animals in research.
• Be able to quickly learn new and unfamiliar technology, test equipment, and procedures being trialed for the Warfighter Refractive Surgery Program.
• Assist in administrative/clinical duties such as filing and answering phones.
* Education: Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent
* Experience: Minimum 3 years' experience in an Ophthalmology or similar department performing evaluations of PRK patients.
* Required Knowledge: 1) Knowledge of all aspects of refractive surgery and the pre-operative and post-operative management of refractive surgery patients. 2) Knowledge of clinic regulations, policies, and procedures to receive visitors and patients, screen phone calls, and answer or refer questions. 3) Knowledge of the internal organization of patient records in order to search the record to extract medical information and data relevant to patient care. 4) Knowledge required requisitioning equipment, supplies, and services.
* Clinical Certification: Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or higher certification from JCAHPO
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.