ERP International is seeking a full time Registered Nurse (RN) in support of the Family Practice Clinic at the Mike O'Callaghan Military Medical Center, Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday: 9 hour shift between 7:00am and 6:00pm, to include a 1 hour meal break.
No Holidays/No Weekends
Job Specific Details and Tasks: The duties for the HCW include but are not limited to the following:
• Strongly preferred working knowledge of the military health care system including TRICARE health benefits.
• Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within
ethical and legal boundaries.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Assesses patient needs telephonically.
• Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
• Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education and telephone triage of patients. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements.
• Makes referral appointments and arranges specialty care as appropriate.
• Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
• Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
• Ensures for proper documentation of procedures and treatments.
• Ensures all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed. Ensures medication/supplies are replenished.
• Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
* Education: BSN Degree.
* Experience: 24 months of experience within the last 48 months in a primary care clinic setting.
* Required Knowledge: 1. Knowledge of computer operations andproficiency in use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
2. Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desiredeffects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurateadministration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
3. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patientconditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow upcare.
4. Knowledge of disease management and population health principles.
5. Knowledgeof preventive health schedules, procedures, processes and education methods.
6. Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions and disease processesacross the lifespan, as appropriate. Knowledge of professional care theories, principles,practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty andexperience in assessing pediatric, adolescent, adults, obstetrics, and geriatric patients, as appropriate.
7. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
* Licensure: Possess current unrestricted RN License any state.
* Life Support Certification: Possess current ARC or AHA BLS certification.
* Security: Possess the ability to pass a government background check/security clearance.