is currently searching for a Project Manager
to join our Disaster Recovery Services
team. While the core team is located in our Fairfax, VA office, candidates can work remotely and are expected to travel to disaster locations for extended periods of time and attend quarterly or more frequent meetings in Fairfax, as required. The selected Project Manager will support existing disaster recovery contracts and support business development focused on federal, state, and local disaster recovery work.
This position requires prior experience supporting Federal, state and local entities with disaster recovery, specifically FEMA's Public Assistance, Individual Assistance, Logistics, and Hazard Mitigation programs or HUD's CDBG-DR and CDBG-MIT Programs. Prior experience in infrastructure and housing is required. Prior experience with supply chain logistics is considered a plus. Individuals must have the ability to travel to disaster sites, manage and train field personnel, and provide onsite technical solutions. The Project Manager makes critical decisions within their areas of responsibilities and exercises authority as delegated by the Program Manager(s), Senior Project Managers, and Business Unit Manager.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Candidate is expected to manage projects and individuals in support of disaster recovery projects for state, local, and Federal clients.
- Have strong organization, client engagement, staff engagement, written and verbal communication skills and be able to support proposal development for new work.
- Proven success in securing, managing, performing, and being paid for work is a pre-requisite.
Required Skills & Required Experience
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and equivalent work experience
- Professional licensure (PE, RA, PMP) desired but not required
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related and relevant experience
- Proven track record in executing and managing disaster recovery/non-disaster grant programs and/or providing related consulting services
- Knowledge of various federal agency disaster recovery (e.g. FEMA, HUD, and USACE) programs, and programmatic rules and regulations governing their implementation
- Preference will be given to candidate with prior FEMA response and recovery experience
- Ability to serve as technical lead and liaison on federal, state and local projects
- Must have experience managing and training diverse teams
- Project, Program, and Quality Management on large missions or IDIQ contracts
- Infrastructure evaluations, housing evaluations, cost estimating, and grants development/management
- Prior experience with federal/state contract management and federal disaster recovery and mitigation programs is strongly preferred
- Must have strong organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power BI, Power Point, Access, and other applicable data and geospatial applications
- Projects maybe located CONUS and OCONUS, must be able to deploy for a minimum of twelve (12) months working in excess of 50 hours per week.
- Ability to work 8-12 hours/day, 5-6 days per week
- Rotation trips home will be provided in accordance with contract and assignment
- Must have a clean driving record and able to maintain a valid driver's license in order to operate a company, personal, or rental vehicle
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to successfully pass Federal background investigation, to include financial and criminal history.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
* Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.