Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical leadership to SOC analysts in executing the cybersecurity strategy and NOAA incident response plan.
- Guide and mentor SOC analysts in their day-to-day activities.
- Ensure alignment between the cybersecurity strategy and the incident response plan.
- Orchestrate the SOC response to major security threats.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant teams during incident response activities.
- Implement incident response processes and procedures to effectively mitigate security threats.
- Provide technical expertise in evaluating threats and vulnerabilities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity trends, emerging threats, and industry best practices.
- Analyze and assess potential risks and vulnerabilities within NOAA's systems and infrastructure.
- Prepare cybersecurity reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Provide ongoing reports to management and stakeholders, highlighting key findings and recommendations.
- Use data-driven insights to improve the overall cybersecurity posture of NOAA.
- Maintain incident response procedures by ensuring compliance with standards and policies.
- Develop and conduct training programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of SOC analysts.
- Continuously improve incident response capabilities through training, simulations, and lessons learned sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field. Advanced degrees or certifications in cybersecurity management are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks, industry standards, and best practices (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001).
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and compliance requirements pertaining to cybersecurity (e.g., FISMA, HIPAA, GDPR).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to assess risks and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
The Security Operations Manager must possess and maintain one or more of the following technical certifications or equivalent industry certifications.
- DOD 8140
- SANS DOD 8140 Cert Track
- CompTIA DOD 8140 Cert Track
- ISACA's Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX)
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) credential track
We are seeking a Security Operations Manager who is empowered with the authority to make decisions, plan, manage tasks, and direct resources to to operate and maintain the NOAA SOC. This includes coordinating tasks to address potential, suspected, and confirmed IT security incidents and which countermeasures need to be deployed to defend, contain, and recover from an incident.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Type of environment: Office, Remote, Varies
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement: NOAA Specific OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.