Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
The DTRA IT Infrastructure supports approximately 5000 users using distributed operations between the National Capital Region (NCR) and DTRA Albuquerque, NM and supporting facilities on Fort Belvoir, VA, as well as sites in Albuquerque, NM, Eglin AFB, FL, and a variety of CONUS and OCONUS locations. In support of the DTRA IT Systems Administration Group the candidate will support multiple computer networks at various levels of security classification.
- Provide the full range of support services required to manage the day-to-day operations and systems administration of the DTRA IT computing environment, ensuring reliable, secure, and efficient availability of the current and evolving DTRA IT services and capabilities.
- Support the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) for the Agency on a 24x7x365 basis, in accordance with requirements for a Defense Agency NOSC and appropriate DoD Directives.
- Included in this objective the candidate will maintain real-time situational awareness of the DTRA IT infrastructure and supported environments; shall lead restorative actions to ensure all networks remain up and operational.
- Additionally, the NOSC supports the Systems Administration function with vulnerability management, and the contactor shall continuously monitor infrastructure equipment and apply patches and interface with Sys Ad to support the sustainment of over 1,300 servers on three enclaves.
- To mitigate security risks, the candidate will coordinate closely with the government and support team responsible for Cybersecurity Support Services (Task Order 2) ensure security upgrades, patches, configurations, and logging are introduced and implemented with appropriate priority commensurate with the level of exposure to potential cybersecurity threats.
- Plan, manage, back up, troubleshoot, fix/repair, install OEM and security patches and upgrades, and monitor the health of the DTRA IT Server and Storage infrastructures to ensure continuous, secure, and efficient access to the full range of DTRA partners.
- Provide application support to various DTRA offices as designated in Service Level Agreements (SLA) with those offices.
- Two - four years of experience required.
- Active Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required.
- DoD 8570 compliant certification required - IAT II cert.
We are seeking a Network Operations Center Watch Stander join our team supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency/Mission IT in Fort Belvoir, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Works under general supervision, providing solutions to technical problems of moderate scope/complexity
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- Type of environment: Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Panama Schedule (Days) 0600-1800, Week 1, 4 days on; Week 2, 3 Days on
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance level with ability to obtain SCI clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.