IT Lead Engineer, Lead Salesforce Developer
Position #: 128533
The University of Maryland, College Park (UMD) is seeking a full-time Salesforce developer. To assist with the full development life-cycle from technical design to development, testing, and deployment. The Salesforce Developer will be expected to work with the UMD Salesforce project team (TerpEngage) and UMD clients to review requirements and configure the Salesforce application based on business needs with robust documentation. The best candidates will be highly technical professionals experienced in web application development. Candidates should have extensive development experience with the Salesforce platform. They will be comfortable communicating and presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
Education: Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Experience: Six (6) years of professional experience in information technology software development, including four (4) years of software development in a Salesforce environment.
* Experience working on projects involving Lightning development projects (custom development of Lightning Web Components and pages) and Lightning communities. Should be able to create a Lightning community from scratch.
* Experience setting up/managing version control systems and configuring Integrated Development Environments.
* Experience in translating functional/non-functional requirements to system requirements in Sales Cloud or Service Cloud.
* Experience in creating technical design documents.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Proficiency in Apex Programming, custom development of LWC components, Apex Triggers, Apex Batch/Schedulable/Queueable interfaces, and integration using Rest APIs.
* Familiarity with Salesforce development life cycle (Agile Methodology) including deployment/packaging effectively using tools like Metadata API, ChangeSet, Visual Studio Code, Ant, and GitHub.
* Solid understanding of best practices of coding standards including avoiding governor limits and understanding design patterns and design trade-offs on Internet and cloud-based platforms.
* Skill in writing unit tests that achieve maximum code coverage.
* Ability to work in teams with diverse/multiple stakeholders to solve complex business problems.
* Skill in oral and written communication.
* Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
* Ability to multitask while demonstrating a commitment to customer service and sensitivity to a culturally and ethnically diverse community.
* Experience working in higher education.
* Previous experience integrating Salesforce with other technologies.
Required: Active Salesforce Platform Developer I certification (active as of start date).
Preferences: Any additional active Salesforce.com Certifications, including:
* Advanced Administrator;
* Platform App Builder;
* Platform Developer II;
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
* Flexible work opportunities;
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: $150,000-$172,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Best consideration date: 10/02/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/113224
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.