Manager, Information Technology (IT) Services, USG
This position is located in Rockville, MD at The Universities at Shady Grove (USG).
The Manager, Information Technology Services and Support for USG has overall responsibility for customer-facing IT support and services, and for overseeing daily operations that ensure all related activities are aligned with organizational goals. The Manager supervises staff, and also oversees a large team of student employees in order to provide coaching and mentoring, specifically with respect to professional and career growth, in accordance with USG’s Strategic Plan.
The Manager collaborates with leadership to develop procedures and guidelines to support the full range of technical needs and requests for USG’s students, faculty and staff. The Manager ensures that exemplary customer service is provided to the USG community by working closely with various USG and external support units.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Experience Required:
• A minimum of 5 years of direct experience with hardware, software, and enterprise systems.
• 1 year of experience supervising staff.
• Experience with the following; Windows, Mac, Incident Tracking System, Active Directory, SCCM/MECM.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Customer relations skills conveying a service-oriented business focus.
• Ability to manage and lead a team of students and technical staff.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
• Ability to perform and manage complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency, often in high-pressure situations.
• Ability to work in a diverse workplace with diverse clients and coworkers.
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Information Systems
• Technical proficiency in the following; basic computer operation; operate, maintain, and repair routine to complex problems with both PCs and Macs.
• Must be able to cope with pressure. The occasional lifting of computer hardware. May be required to work outside of normally scheduled working hours (i.e. early mornings, late evenings, weekends).
• This position is located in Rockville, MD.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/113041