802 Delaware Avenue (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Principal Risk Associate, Identity & Access Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
The Retail Bank Risk Office is looking for a Principal Risk Associate to join the Retail Identity & Access Management (IAM) Risk Team . Our team is focused on providing advisory, consulting and governance services to PPX, Retail, SBB, Shopping & Velocity Black Partners in order to help maintain a well-managed Identity & Access Management environment. There's also a strong focus on ensuring we build a strong risk posture to minimize our overall risk footprint.
As a Principal Risk Associate in this space, your main focus will be to ensure successful completion of Application Profile Reviews (APR) and Onboarding of Applications to Capital One's Identity Lifecycle Tool, All Access. A common day could include advising and making recommendations to Business and Technology Partners, performing Quality Control (QC) Reviews on APRs, breaking down complex scenarios into something meaningful for the Business, and engaging with Senior Leaders to keep them updated on the status of work. In addition, there will be opportunities to become engaged in other areas across the team, which includes Application and User Lifecycle Controls, Access Certifications, Native Extract Validation and more. What would make you successful?
- You enjoy working in a role that is fast-paced and both strategic and tactical in nature.
- You have a passion for Identity & Access Management, Compliance and Risk Management.
- You have excellent customer service / relationship management skills.
- You enjoy working as both an individual and team contributor.
- You have excellent time management skills and are used to meeting/exceeding rigorous goals & objectives.
- You have excellent communication skills (written & verbal), and can influence multiple levels up.
- You are a team player, willing to shift priorities on a whim to support the overall mission.
- You are not afraid to bring new ideas to the table and challenge the status quo.
- You are digitally curious, with a drive to learn more about technology.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the Application Profile Review (APR) and Application Onboarding areas within the team, identifying existing and emerging Identity & Access Management (IAM) risks along the way.
- Collaborate and partner across multiple Retail Business & Tech Areas, Retail Technology, Cyber and Enterprise Identity & Access Management to drive a comprehensive Identity & Access Management risk agenda.
- Provide input into, and support various risk engagements, demonstrating a well-managed program (control testing, process level assessments, risk assessments, audit responses, etc.).
- Thoughtfully interpret policies, standards procedures and guidelines to assess impact on the Identity & Access Management practices within Retail.
- Engage with Application Owners, Business Stakeholders, Technology Engineering Leads and Enterprise Identity & Access Management to onboard existing and new applications to All Access.
- Oversee the Retail Application Profile Review Portfolio to ensure APRs meet compliance requirements. This includes ensuring proper coverage of risk by conducting Quality Control Reviews, identifying opportunities to enhance controls and guiding and advising Control Performers to enable effective testing outcomes.
- Develop reporting and metrics to monitor risk and progress against objectives.
- Develop and present details related to access risk, program initiatives & status and other significant events and activities related to Retail Bank Access Risk during community/operating forums
- Identify opportunities to reduce Access Management risk and develop creative solutions to automate associate access
- Analyze data, make recommendations and drive conversations to influence the onboarding of applications to Capital One's Identity Lifecycle Management tool
- Partner with LOBs and Technology Teams to work towards quick resolution of all major issues and escalations related to Access Management processes and practices
- Maintain a strong focus and perspective on risk to ensure Retail Bank and Capital One applications/processes/systems are well-managed
- Create, Analyze and present complex datasets in a meaningful and user-friendly manner
- Foster a culture of openness, collaboration and continuous improvement
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- At least 5 years of experience in Identity & Access Management
- At least 2 years of experience in Risk Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of Relationship Management experience
- 1+ years of Process or Project Management experience
- 1+ years of experience in an Agile environment
- 1+ years of experience Data Analytics experience
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $118,700 - $135,400 for Principal Risk Specialist
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).