RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Advise on the interpretation of laws, statutes, regulations, Executive Orders, and other directives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in procurement and fiscal law, and advise on federal acquisition matters.
- Provide expert advice on employment law, as well as provide legal analysis and guidance on OSHA, FECA, EEO compliance, Hatch Act, ethics law, etc.
- Prepare memoranda with recommendations based on legal research and assist in drafting policies for agency governance.
- Develop materials and implement training programs for PCLOB staff.
- Draft statutorily required reports and ensure agency compliance with federal regulations.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate data and respond to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for all agency records; ensure completion of the FOIA and records reporting requirements; plan and conduct educational training sessions on FOIA and the Federal Records Act.
- Review and evaluate the privacy program and ensures compliance with agency privacy program requirements.
- Serve as records subject matter expert and the key resource person for the records management program to include training development and delivery; maintaining oversight of the records management program; and provide oversight and management of the records information life cycle.
Qualifications At the AD-00 level (GS-13 Grade Equivalency), you must meet the following qualification:
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TOP SECRET - Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS-SCI) Security clearance. If you already have a TS/SCI clearance, please highlight your last investigation date in your application.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience for this position includes but is not limited to: analyzing and developing ways to approach complex legal issues and problems; advising on the interpretation of laws, statutes, regulations, Executive Orders, and other directives; and experience providing legal analysis and guidance on FOIA, OSHA, FECA, EEO compliance, Hatch Act, and ethics law.
Must possess a J.D. or LL.B. and be a member in good standing of a state bar or the District of Columbia bar. Documentation must be submitted with application package.SERIES/GRADE:
The agency uses the Administratively Determined system in which rank is attached to the individual. The salary range for this position is statutorily capped at $172,100 and is equivalent to an Executive Schedule Level V.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
A written test may be required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Education
If qualifying based on EDUCATION you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
Only education from institutions which are accredited or preaccredited/candidate for accreditation may be used to meet education requirements. FOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional informationTelework Suitability:
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act. Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 2-year probationary period.Work Schedule:
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.Transportation:
If you use public transportation, part of your transportation costs may be subsidized. PCLOB's budget office can provide additional information on how this program is run.Miscellaneous:
PCLOB uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify .
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
If selection is made below the full performance level, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
This position is being advertised at the GS 14 Equivalency under vacancy announcement number PCLOB-23-EXE-12081914AM and at the GS-15 Equivalency under vacancy announcement number PCLOB-23-EXE-12081915AM. In order to be considered under the GS-14 and GS-15 Equivalencies, applicants must apply separately under each vacancy number.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information