RequirementsConditions of Employment
- As Senior Manager and Data Scientist, Strategy Division, plans, organizes, and manages the activities of the Air Force Chief Data and Artificial Intelligence Office Strategy Division (CNDS).
- Serves as Senior Project Manager for the Chief Data Office (CDO) and several ad hoc teams drawn from other organizations established for the duration of the studies and analyses conducted.
- Executes overall functions of the Air Force Chief Data Office.
- Leads studies, conducts trend analysis, and performs other work associated with maintaining maximum best practices of all AF data strategy among the MAJCOMs.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Mobility agreement must be signed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance.
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- PCS cost will be paid IAW Career Broadening Policy under this agreement.
- Career Broadening positions are managed by AFPC/DPCZ and are centrally funded.
- Positions are established specifically to provide developmental experience designed to broaden the skills and/or enhance the leadership perspective of a high-potential, mid-level manager.
- Career Broadening also provides training and developmental opportunities at various organizational levels.
- These assignments offer the qualified candidate a unique assignment in that the candidates brings certain experience to the assignment while gaining new experiences in a different work environment.
- TEMPORARY PROMOTION: If the position is filled as a temporary promotion, upon completion of the career broadening assignment, the temporary promotion may lead to permanent promotion without further competition.
- May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance of TDY assignments.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hour.
- Disclosure of Political Appointments.
- Required to handle and safeguard sensitive and/or classified information in accordance with regulations to reduce potential compromise.
- Must be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for operations and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights and comfortability working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Experience in using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building, and implementing models, using/creating algorithm s and creating/running simulations is highly desired.
- Males must be registered for Selective Service. Visit www.sss.gov to verify registration.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.EXPEIRENCE:
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
GS-5 through GS-15 (or equivalent): For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Specialized Experience for GS-7 (or equivalent) and Above: Positions at GS-7 (or equivalent) and above require one year of specialized experience at the next lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT. The employing agency is responsible for defining the specialized experience based on the requirements of the position being filled.FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS:
Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-13 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: Expertise, knowledge and skills include information/software systems architectures, reuse architectures, component-oriented software production, large-scale application systems development, information/software project management, risk management, software process models, software engineering technologies and tools, computer aided systems engineering (CASE), code component reuse, application development, web technology, and state-of-the-art commercial development tools. Expert knowledge of a wide range of data management and governance activities that typically extend and apply to an entire organization or major components of an organization at the agency headquarters level. Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessing and improving program effectiveness. Comprehensive knowledge of data management and governance principles, business practices, and industry standard automated systems, networks, networking principles, and network security. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare, organize and deliver information and written materials for readers with little or no IM/IT technical background and to enable the presentation of sensitive and sometimes controversial material and recommendations to management and higher authorities. Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and work under pressure to meet short deadlines with limited information. Mastery skill for applying in-depth knowledge of government and contractor operations. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. EducationIF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:
If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST
submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.FOREIGN EDUCATION
: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional informationPCS restrictions
: An employee selected to make a PCS to a Career Broadening assignment is restricted from making a second PCS for 12 monthsDefense National Relocation Program
is AuthorizedDirect Deposit
: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application . The Vacancy ID is 12074767If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here .Tax Law Impact for PCS:
On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 - the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017" suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities please click here . Subsequently, FTR Bulletin 20-04 issued by GSA, provides further information regarding NDAA FY2020, Public Law 116-92, and the expansion of eligibility beyond "transferred" for WTA/RITA allowances. For additional information, please click here .