Summary Voice Communications Administrator Natick, MA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For nearly a decade, Chenega Technical Innovations (CTI) has been an industry leader in the federal small business marketplace, providing agencies and commercial customers tomorrow's solutions in Integration and IT. Today, CTI possesses hundreds of employees and dozens of operations, integrating federal and DoD programs and capabilities around the world.
United States Army - Natick Soldier Systems Center (NSSC) - Network Enterprise Center-Natick (NEC-N) located in Natick, Massachusetts, has a requirement for Information Technology (IT) services to support NSSC customers. NSSC is the Army's one-stop Soldier support center and is responsible for researching, developing, fielding, and managing food, clothing, shelters, airdrop systems and other soldier support items. On these networks, the NSSC Science and Technology community utilizes non-standard software and hardware that is not usually found on standard Army operational networks.
The Voice Communications Administrator
will install, maintain, and repair copper and fiber Local Area Network (LAN) infrastructure using the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Telecommunications Industry Association/Electronics Industries Alliance 568 (TIA/EIA-568) industry standards. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Voice Communications Administartor
within our Natick
team, you will:
- Provide telephony support of VoIP/analog phones, indoor/outdoor analog phone devices, analog gateways, voice routers, and telecom circuits.
- Provide support/assistance for developing and documenting specific wiring plans and solutions, including new wiring projects and renovations as well as maintain comprehensive wiring documentation to support building and campus-wide networks.
- Develop plans and perform labeling for Fiber and LAN (copper, CAT6) terminations that meet, DoD, IEEE. TIA/EIA-568 standards and local SOPs.
- Create/maintaindocumentation of Fiber & LAN implementations.
- Perform premises cabling and installation of LAN and Fiber optic cables.
- Assist with escorting and oversight of external LAN and Fiber subcontractors on base.
- Assist with LAN and Fiber line testing, identifying faulty lines. Learn/use Fiber testing tools, OTDR.
- Coordinate with Help desk to assist in task/ticketing process to address service request related to LAN, Phone & Fiber.
- Create switch closet mainframes to house wiring and patch platform, including Fiber optics.
- Provide support for repair, maintenance and installation of LAN, Fiber optic and Phone cables.
- Assist with splicing of Fiber optic cables, using specialized provided equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills , and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with 3+ years of experience working in the Telecommunication field, performing maintenance, repair and installation of LAN, Phone, and Fiber cabling.
- Combination of experience and training may be used instead of a degree with 5+ years of directly relevant experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid state operator's license.
- Ability to obtainCertified Advanced Fiber Installer certification within 60 days of start date.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Secret clearancerequired.
How you'll grow
- Desired certification(s): BISCI Installer 2, Copper (INSTC) and BISCI Installer 2, Fiber (INSTC), Fiber Optics Installer (FOIC), Fiber Optics Technician (FOTC).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral), strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or on-call support.
- Ability to meet minimum security clearance requirements.
- Ability to train and/or mentor junior staff and other government or contractors.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Technical Innovations, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program