Summary Construction Superintendent Annapolis, MD
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Worldwide Support (CWS) is a premier provider of Architecture and Engineering support services to federal customers around the world. Founded in 2016 to support federal operations OCONUS, CWS holds true to its mission that no matter the location, we are there to get the job done.
The Construction Superintendent
will assist NAVFAC field offices on matters relating to Construction Quality Assurance and Project Management on projects assigned. Responsibilities
- Function as a team member on assigned construction projects.
- Represent the FEAD/ROICC at the construction site and monitor the construction Contractor Quality Control (CQC) to ensure they are achieving quality work.
- Attend and participate in all construction and CQC meetings.
- Monitor construction contractor performance for compliance with an approved safety plan and established safety procedures.
- Assure job Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) has been prepared, reviewed, and accepted before the preparatory inspection.
- Monitor and notify the Project Superintendent or QC Manager and Government Staff immediately of safety violations.
- Notify the government Construction Manager (CM), Contracting Officer (KO), and the FEAD/ROICC if the contractor does not correct a hazardous working condition or a continuing safety issue in a timely or acceptable manner.
- Report all accidents immediately to the Construction Manager, FEAD/ROICC office, and Contracting Officers.
- Review construction plans and specifications with thorough knowledge of the construction contract requirements on each definable feature of work and recommend changes or corrective action as necessary.
- Notify CM and KO of any situation that may result in a construction contract dispute, modification, or require a stop work order to be issued to the construction contractor.
- Investigate, inspect, and perform Quality Assurance of the construction contract/CQC system and coordinate resolution of technical problems.
- Prepare an inspection report each day the site is visited, and QA activities are performed.
- Ensure that the construction contractor maintains control over the project site until the facility is transferred to the Client by DD Form 1354, Transfer and Acquisition of Military Real Property.
- Prepare briefings and correspondence when requested by the FEAD/ROICC/CM.
- Assure that the construction contractor and all subcontractors comply with inspection requirements, schedules, and control methods, perform required tests, and ensure the CQC system is effective.
- Interpret contract documents and determine whether construction meets contract requirements and report concerns to the CM, FEAD/ROICC, and the KO for resolution.
- Recommend changes in designs, specifications, and schedules to accommodate conditions at the construction site or to expedite construction.
- Review contractor's submittals for compliance with contract documents and coordinate with other project team members.
- Assure that contractor's Quality Control reports and test results are timely and review them for accuracy and/or completeness and maintain records of the CQC reports.
- Review and verify all requests for progress payments accurately represent work satisfactorily completed by the construction contractor.
- Review the updated construction progress schedule with the progress payment to verify the schedule is accurate and, if necessary, identify corrective action to regain the schedule.
- Schedule and conduct joint pre-final and final inspections of the work to ensure construction is free of any contract deficiencies.
- Maintain a status listing of any deficiencies outstanding at the time of turnover.
- Monitor correction of deficiencies.
- Provide input to the CM concerning the construction contractor's performance at the end of the project in a written and signed report.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 10+ years of experience as an engineering technician, superintending, or QC Manager
- Interim Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Thoroughly familiar with QC inspection tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Knowledge of principles of construction technology and construction industry practices
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Codes and Industry Standards
- Knowledge of EM 385-1-1, US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Safety and Health Requirements Manual
- Ability to prepare cost estimates and assist in negotiations of change orders when requested
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written presentations
- Ability to take measurements and estimate construction progress
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications
- Strong knowledge of computer operations and software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), construction management software (Newforma, Prolog)
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Worldwide Support, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program