Dewberry's Fairfax, VA
office is currently seeking a Structural Engineer
to perform and manage the structural design of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Structures. The Individual will manage structural staff to perform analysis on all design phases, structural modeling, structural calculations, and plan production. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to work with outstanding professionals. In addition to WTP and WWTP design, the candidate would also have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including industrial, school facilities, higher education facilities, office buildings, commercial buildings, structural evaluations, and civil/site structures.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Serve as Structural Engineering Project Manager for water/ wastewater design projects.
- Develop, perform and manage water/wastewater treatment structural design. Work would also include existing treatment plant structural evaluations.
- Provide technical assistance and mentor structural engineering design staff on water/wastewater projects
- Work with design team across multiple offices and multiple disciplines to generate detailed water/wastewater design documents for construction plans.
- Develop and maintain high-value client relationships.
- Meet client deadlines and project budgets.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (preferred).
- 5+ years of structural engineering experience.
- Specific experience preparing reports and design plans and specifications for water and wastewater system projects.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, or ability to obtain them through reciprocity within one year of start date.
- Familiarity with Revit and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Asuccessful track record of managing projects, including scope, schedule and budget
- Experience coordinating engineering work and interfacing with other disciplines and clients.
- Experience using structural software such as RAM, RAM Elements, STAAD, Enercalc, TEDDS, or Tekla is preferred.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.