Are you a highly skilled Master Electrician who can be creative and would like to be a team leader to help elevate a group of industrial electricians?
If this is you, Wastewater Management of Fairfax County is seeking a supervisor who will be in charge of supervising a team of Industrial Electricians in the repair, replacement, installation and maintenance of industrial size electrical systems and components for 70 pumping stations that operates 24/7. Responsibilities include:
- Supervises the maintenance, repair and inspections of Pump Stations of distribution centers, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, medium, and low voltage soft start, electrical control panels and electrical circuits, motors, relays, voltage regulators, and other electrical or electronic equipment.
- Plans wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures such as industrial motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers, and panel boards.
- Response to routine and emergency service calls after normal working hours.
- Assists in the writing of specifications for the ordering of complex electrical equipment and contract services for industrial equipment.
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all industrial electrical components of the Pump Station. Responsible for the implementation of quality control measures in order to comply and enforce safety regulations and procedures.
Wastewater Management is part of the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services (DPWES), please visit us here
to learn more about us.
DPWES is a diverse, nationally accredited and award-winning public works agency with approximately 1,000 employees providing solid waste, capital facility development, wastewater, stormwater, urban forestry, and land acquisition management services for the most populous county in Virginia. Join our team to help us protect the environment and serve the people of Fairfax County by creating and preserving a sustainable community that is an ideal place to live, work, and play for everyone.
- Join Fairfax County, a stable work environment in an organization that values diversity, inclusion, innovation, and a team that focuses on maximizing advancement opportunities.
- Fairfax County Government is committed to our employees, and offers comprehensive benefits, including a defined-benefit retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; paid leave; tuition reimbursement; and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Through our LiveWell Program and the County Benefits Division, we endeavor to cultivate a culture of wellbeing that empowers, educates and engages employees and retirees to make life-long choices that promote a holistic approach to their physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual and financial wellness. Please review our awesome benefits:
The appointee to this position is subject to emergency callback 24 hours a day/seven days a week (24/7) to respond to snow, flood, and other emergencies requiring division resources.Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Any combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to the following: graduation from high school or a GED issued by a state department of education, and eight years of experience as an industrial electrician; and one year at the industrial electrician III level or equivalent senior industrial electrician. CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid driver's license.
- A valid Commonwealth of Virginia Master Electrician's license.
- The appointee to this position will be required to complete a pre-employment physical and annual thereafter, a criminal background check, and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Subject to 24 hour call back and must, therefore, be able to work emergency overtime.
- Subject to working in adverse weather conditions and may be exposed to raw waste or environments generating methane gas.
- Ability to distinguish different color wiring.
At least four years of experience in the following:
- Supervision of field staff or team of electricians whose leadership promotes and ensures adherence to all electrical safety requirements for the applicable industrial facilities.
- Management of the daily operation of the electrical maintenance program, both preventive and corrective of industrial equipment, and emergency repairs
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA related to industrial safety requirements and NFPA 70E.
- Management of both emergency and corrective troubleshooting measures in an Industrial environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Industrial equipment and utilizing computerized maintenance system.
- Extensive knowledge of various industrial principles and experience supervising industrial complex tasks.
Able to lift 50 pounds. Drive 1/2, 3/4 and 1-ton utility truck and operate hoisting equipment. Stooping and extended standing. Frequent exposure to loud noises and rare exposure to airborne substances and routine climbing. Ability to distinguish colors of the electrical conductors. Must enter confined spaces with weight restriction of 310 pounds. Ability to drive county vehicles to and from job sites/ pumping stations throughout the county to perform electrical work. Ability to drive in inclement weather and ability to work in extreme temperatures and confined spaces with raw sewage. Ability to routinely climb ladders and stairs, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend or twist their body to perform troubleshooting of industrial equipment. Ability to stoop and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects and to move two or more limbs together while remaining in place. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home ( Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity. Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov