Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- The Software Developers will work with applications in the Sponsor's cloud environment, provide support for a new application and design and develop the application in a Web environment.
- The Sponsor has multiple application teams supporting a portfolio which is the central repository for all Sponsor's created applications.
- Provide state of the art systems on cloud, physical systems and applications based on products such as AWS, Oracle, SharePoint, and other web-based solutions.
- Requires support specializing in software development to develop an updated Angular User Interface and Java based API integrated with an Oracle backend for the search and discovery of internal document sensitive data and associated artifacts.
- The portfolio contains but is not a complete list of the following: A custom production application that has a central repository for the search and discovery of internal document sensitive data and associated artifacts; A custom production application which provides workflow and research with the ability to review, disposition, build a profile and update or nominate candidates to other external Partner organizations; A knowledge management tool which stores products in a centralized repository making it easy for search and discovery.
- The Software Developers will work with applications in the Sponsor's cloud environment, provide support for the implementation, design and building enhancements, and long-term maintenance of a new application, and design and develop the application in a Web environment.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions, design software or customize software for client use to optimize operational efficiency, and perform testing, debugging and quality assurance of the application.
- Team will play a major role in implementing a modern, high profile, mission enabling application used daily.
- Requires an active Top Secret/SCI + Poly clearance.
- Requires BS degree and 10-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Front-end web development with Angular 2 or above.
- Experience with Front-end web development tools such as Node and NPN.
- Experience using Java Script Object Notion (JSON) for Application Program Interface (API) development.
- Experience with Strongly typed programing language concept.
- Experience with Node NPM software language.
- Experience with Integrated Development Environment (IDE) software such as Visual Studio.
- Experience with software development Mark Up Languages such as JSON, CSS, and HTML.
- Experience with RESTful interfaces
- Experience with Version control systems such as Git.
- Experience developing and maintaining redundant applications hosted in Linux or Unix using Apache server.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and JIRA.
- Experience with developing applications using program languages, including Java, and Java using Spring.
- Experience with Sponsor networks, systems, and services.
- Experience with the Sponsor's authentication and authorization process.
- Experience delivering solutions with AWS cloud services
- Experience with the development of system prototypes and proof of concept in order to demonstrate proper application of design principles
- Experience with Apache Tomcat
- Experience with Continuous integration systems (Jenkins)
- Experience upgrading and refining existing production applications (working with legacy code)
- Experience supporting enterprise level production systems
We are seeking a Software Developer to join our team in McLean, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: McLean, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.