Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
The Cloud Admin designs, develops, implements cloud-based solutions for optimization.
- The Sponsor has multiple application teams supporting a portfolio which is the central repository for all Sponsor's created applications.
- The Sponsor provides state of the art systems on cloud and applications based on products such as AWS, Oracle, SharePoint, and other web-based solutions.
- The Sponsor requires support for developing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining the current cloud-based infrastructure solutions for multiple project teams.
- Work directly with the Sponsor and other technical team members to perform infrastructure maintenance.
- The portfolio contains but is not a complete list of the following:
- A custom production application that has a central repository for the search and discovery of internal document sensitive data and associated artifacts.
- A custom production application which provides workflow and research with the ability to review, disposition, build a profile and update or nominate candidates to other external Partner organizations.
- A knowledge management tool which stores products in a centralized repository making it easy for search and discovery.
- The Cloud Admin works closely with multiple application teams; however, the Sponsor project manager will manage the priorities.
- The Cloud Admin maintains systems and applications in the Sponsor's cloud environment.
- The Cloud Admin optimizes operational efficiency of systems and applications in a cloud environment.
- The Cloud Admin works to ensure security compliance within the cloud infrastructure.
- The Cloud Admin designs, develops, implements cloud-based solutions for optimization.
- The Cloud Admin maintains cloud-based solutions.
- The Cloud Admin deploys and debugs cloud stacks.
- The Cloud Admin educates teams on new cloud initiatives.
- The Cloud Admin maintains the security of the cloud infrastructure.
- Active TS/SCI + Poly
- Master's degree and 10-15 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Experience providing Operations & Maintenance (O&M) support to production systems to include troubleshooting.
- Experience with cloud platform administration such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with configuration and infrastructure management of technical components, including hardware, software, and data.
- Experience monitoring system performance and recommending corrective action.
- Experience documenting cloud environment and maintaining the documentation.
- Experience with Big Data using underlying technologies such as HADOOP clusters.
- Experience with Linux administration.
- Experience applying new technologies.
- Experience with multiple cloud vendors (i.e. Azure, Oracle, Google).
- Experience obtaining Sponsors authentication and accreditation certification for systems with highly sensitive data.
- Experience complying with Sponsor's regulations and policies regarding systems integration with external services (such as access control or auditing), patching and maintaining current versions of software, outage reporting, accessibility requirements, internal-use software reporting, or auditing.
- Experience the development of and continual improvement of automation and procedures.
- Experience in analyzing and supporting cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code software such as Terraform or Ansible.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence or SharePoint.
- Experience briefing technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Experience operating within the life cycle management process when implementing changes in technology.
- Experience effectively managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experience excelling both independently and as a team member in a lively, collaborative environment and security best practices.
- Experience with strong leadership abilities and experience juggling competing priorities.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in McLean, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: McLean, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.