ERP International is seeking a full time Gastroenterologist
in support of the Eglin Hospital at Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional practice opportunity. www.erpinternational.comBe the Best!
Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces! 1099 or W2 optionExceptional compensation packageMedical Malpractice Coverage providedPhenomenal patient demographicW2 also includes:* Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!* Paid Time Off plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays! * Medical/Dental/Vision, Health Savings Account available, STD, LTD and Life Insurance! and more!* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!* Matching 401K!About ERP International, LLC:
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.ResponsibilitiesWork Schedule:
Normal schedule is 9 hours between 6:30am and 5:30pm, with a one-hour lunch
On-Call: Up to 2 weeks per month
Call-Back required, minimalPractice Specific Details and Tasks:
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:* Degree/Education:
- Shall be monitored by the 96th Medical Group's Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan,
- Shall participate in the monthly peer review process of clinical skills; a minimum of 10 routine cases seen in the last 30 days. This will involve both a review of his/her patient care via review of clinical notes and or performance. Shall also provide the same peer review for the other Gastroenterology physicians.
- Provide outpatient services for patients as scheduled by the MTF.
- Provide inpatient consultation. This will include new patients when consults are requested by the health care team. The Gastroenterologist must be able to perform unsupervised and be able to supervise house staff performing gastroenterology procedures.
- See new patient consults and established follow-up clinic visits. The provider is expected to respond to telephone consults and inform patients of lab and radiology results in a timely manner.
- Provide inpatient, urgent, and same day consultations on a "walk-in" basis
- Shall perform Gastroenterology-related procedures that are medically indicated to include, but not limited to: conscious sedation, Upper Endoscopies (including dilations, gastrostomy tube/PEG placement, and control of bleeding), Flexible Sigmoidoscopies (including hemorrhoid banding), Colonoscopies (including polypectomies, control of bleeding) and Paracentesis. Performance of Percutaneous Liver Biopsy and Interventional Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is highly desired.
- Documentation. Contractor employees shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established MTF standards, to include, but not limited to: timeliness, accuracy, content, and signature. Contractor employees shall only use MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations for documentation in the patient health records and follow the MTF's Do Not Use Abbreviation List. (AFI 44-172 / AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, 5 November 2013)
- Medical Records Documentation. Health care providers shall complete medical records documentation within 72 business hours of the encounter with the patient.
- Coding. Contractor employees shall use the proper coding of procedures and treatment and shall maintain coding accuracy (CPT/E&M/procedure) at the same standard, 90% or higher, as military and civil service health care providers engaged in comparable work.
- Ensures patient and staff safety through safety awareness, proper infection control and promotion for clean, orderly clinic environment. Recognizes, reports, and corrects potential safety hazards.
- Shall consult with medical personnel, legal authorities, and military commanders as required.
- Shall direct supporting Government employees assigned to them during the performance of clinical duties. Guides the performance of assigned personnel. Uses team approach toward staff and patient management.
- Shall perform administrative duties that may include participating in medical education programs, quality improvement functions and other duties as prescribed by the Flight Commander.
- Shall be scheduled to participate in formal educational lectures; approximately 2 per year, or more if desired, during billable hours.
- Shall provide instruction for medical residents, physician assistant students, medical students and/or students of other health care disciplines in the form of clinical rotations, didactics, and inpatient discussions as appropriate.
- Shall possess basic knowledge in management and daily operation of a clinic servicing a large number of patients with a variety of healthcare needs and illnesses.
- Shall possess basic knowledge of operating a wide variety of medical equipment/nonmedical equipment to ensure patient and staff safety, proper equipment maintenance and accessibility.
MD or DO; internship/residency in Gastroenterology* Experience:
Minimum 36 months within the last 48 months; or recently graduated from a fellowship training* Licensure:
Active/clear license to practice as a physician from Florida
Current and active DEA certification* Clinical Board Certification:
Board-Certified by ABIM or AOBIM, or board-eligible, for recently graduated residents* Life Support Certifications:
Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.