Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide cybersecurity subject matter expertise on a variety of topics in support of Sector Management activities and programs.
- This would include research on cybersecurity issues and threats, development of white papers on cybersecurity related topics, and support on sector-specific cybersecurity issues.
- Conduct background research and analysis in support of activities across the Sector Management Branch and develop informational products for internal and external stakeholders in the form of fact sheets, reports, memos, and recommendations.
- Provide 508-compliance knowledge and expertise for public posting of materials on government web sites in support of products related to the critical infrastructure sectors under the responsibility of the Sector Management Branch.
- US Citizen - must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong writing and reading skills
- Experience working with stakeholders
- Working in groups to complete tasks with a deadline
We are seeking a SME Operations Research Analyst to join our team supporting a DHS contract in Arlington, VA.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) mission is to lead the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation's physical and cyber infrastructure. CISA includes the CISA Management and Business Service Offices and four Divisions: the Cybersecurity Division (CD), the Emergency Communications Division (ECD), the Infrastructure Security Division (ISD), the Integrated Operations Division (IOD), the Stakeholder Engagement Division (SED), as well as, the National Risk Management Center (NRMC), which are headquartered with the National Capital Region (NCR).
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Arlington, VA - telework may be available
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low - Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.