Responsibilities & Qualifications
- The candidate will support purchasing activities, to include all purchasing and subcontracting for one of TekSynap Corporation's IDIQ contracts with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
- The candidate will work with Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) approved policies and procedures.
- Under close supervision and with all necessary stakeholders to solicit proposals/quotes, perform price analysis, complete all required documentation, maintain records, and manage all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Support the negotiation and execution of all non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements and strategic alliance negotiations with outside sources.
- Have familiarity and the ability to perform negotiation of terms and conditions.
- Perform price and cost analysis as per FAR and conduct negotiations on price and price related terms.
- Create and issue purchase orders to vendors and subcontractors.
- Track and evaluate performance and fulfillment of orders by vendors and subcontractors.
- Complete all required documentation, and maintain records consistent with client requirements, government regulations and TekSynap's procurement policies/procedures
- Perform closeout actions.
- Identify and maintain source lists.
- Work with all internal stakeholders to identify solutions to issues and solve problems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Government contracting, procurement, or purchasing roles.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement for Department of Defense agencies for products and services. Experience with IT products and services desired, including sourcing through ESI and CHESS.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFARs required.
- Purchasing, Contract Management, or Lean 6 Sigma certifications preferred.
- Proactive individual that is resourceful and has ability to find solutions when needed.
- Someone with the ability to build relationships with suppliers to manage tight turn arounds and long term pricing discounts.
TekSynap, a "Fast 50" technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
We are seeking a Senior Buyer - IT Products and Services to support the DTRA ITSS II contract at Fort Belvoir, VA.
The DTRA IT Infrastructure supports approximately 5500 users using distributed operations between the National Capital Region (NCR) and DTRA Albuquerque, NM and supporting facilities on Fort Belvoir, VA, as well as sites in Albuquerque, NM, Eglin AFB, FL, and a variety of CONUS and OCONUS locations. In support of the DTRA IT Help Desk Group, the candidate will provide support to Executive customers. Support will be provided on multiple computer networks at various levels of security classification.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Remote but must be local to DMV.
- Type of environment: Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Regular daytime shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
US Citizen OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.