is currently seeking a Risk MAP Project Manager
to join our Fairfax, VA
In addition to Denver and Fairfax, we are open to candidates sitting in any of our Dewberry offices.
Come join Dewberry's multi-disciplinary team of resilience services professionals dedicated to reducing risk to flooding and hazards as a Project Manager supporting the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA's) Risk Mapping, Assessment, Mapping, and Planning (Risk MAP) program. The successful candidate will lead engineering and mapping projects, including riverine flood hazard, risk analysis, and resiliency projects. Candidates should have knowledge of FEMA's Risk MAP program, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and GIS mapping. In addition to a strong technical background in modeling and/or flood mapping, the candidate should have demonstrated ability managing client relationships, mentoring junior staff, controlling project cost and schedule performance, and preparing proposals and cost estimates.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Candidate will serve as a Project Manager on a variety of projects related to water resources, resilient infrastructure design and planning, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, GIS mapping, risk assessments, and related services. Work responsibilities may include:
- Managing, leading, executing, and/or providing technical support for projects within the municipal, state, and Federal markets.
- Establish and maintain lasting relationships through regular communication with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
- Leading teams within a matrix organization in the preparation of winning proposals and successful presentation, as well as developing scopes of work, budgets, and schedules for various projects.
- Winning new resilience, water resources, and hazard mitigation projects and adding new clients.
- Potential to deploy nationally in support of post disaster response and recovery activities.
Required Skills & Required Experience Required Skills & Required Experience:
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Geospatial Sciences, Civil Engineering or related fields required, Masters degree in same fields preferred.
- Client service, management skills, and proposal preparation experience.
- Proven record of managing inter-disciplinary project teams and delivering projects profitably, and to the client's satisfaction.
- At least 5 years of professional experience with FEMA flood hazard study and mapping projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required as this is a leadership position requiring the individuals to manage clients and mentor staff.
- Professional Engineer (PE), GIS Professional (GISP), Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM), or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.