Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- IT-oriented office that aims to revolutionize analysis by creating and supporting tools that enable analysts to create and publish analytic products more effectively.
- Support for its jointly-developed analysis production and publication applications, which involves constant collaboration with the Sponsor's IT partners and users of the applications to ensure the full range of user needs are captured and managed.
- In particular, with the following work requirements, the Sponsor seeks technical concept and design support related to the systems engineering of its applications and software features in order to improve customer experience and ensure development meets customer needs.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements and formulate technical concept and design ideas, such as IT software workflows, to meet the user's needs.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss ongoing application updates and improvements, and help the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Determine the cause of any application issue and explain the best solution to solve it, or document the issue for further research and follow up, if needed, to ensure resolution.
- Collaborate with local and community end users, collaborate with the Sponsor and its development partners, and build sustainable relationships of trust through timely, open and interactive communication.
- Perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, and analysis, and analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Active TS/SCI + Poly
- Master's degree and 10-15 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Experience applying business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles, such as redesigning technical workflows within applications.
- Experience collaborating with team members, customers, service providers and developers to identify requirements.
- Experience supporting project managers and subject matter experts, planning projects, developing contingencies, and producing schedules.
- Experience in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
- Experience coordinating and connecting IT systems, as appropriate, to increase compatibility so information can be shared.
- Experience developing analytical and computational techniques and methodologies for problem solutions.
- Experience developing and applying organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
- Experience developing block diagrams and logic flow charts to translate detailed designs into computer software.
- Experience ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer and product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Experience reviewing existing programs to assist in making refinements, reduce operating time, and improve current techniques.
- Experience expanding or modifying a system to serve new purposes or improve workflows.
- Experience preparing required documentation, to include both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Familiarity with the Sponsor's analytic workflows or experience identifying the needs of analysts at the Sponsor's organization.
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence project management software.
- Experience resolving problems, to include organizing and structuring solutions to complex problems.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills with ability to work successfully across organizational boundaries.
- Experience advising and assisting Sponsor team members with the communication of potential feature designs to development teams.
- Experience providing users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Experience testing, debugging, and refining software to produce the required product.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in McLean, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: McLean, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is Monday- Friday, dayshift. Core support hours 9am - 3pm. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active TS/SCI + Poly Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.