Technical Coordinator, IT Desktop Support Coordinator
Position #: 106402
The University of Maryland Division of Information Technology (DIT) is seeking an IT Desktop Support Coordinator to join our Platform Services team. As a member of the Enterprise Desktop team, this position will assist with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require knowledge of application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, recurring, and non-recurring problems.
The position also provides one-on-one consulting with end users and the University community and will lead and coordinate desktop support projects. This position requires independent and team-based analyses, problem-solving, and communication. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment. This position requires the possession of a valid driver’s license.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Additional work experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four (4) years of the required education.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience supporting the operations, maintenance, and administration of information technology infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Knowledge of and experience in diagnosing and resolving PC/Mac computers and other related hardware and software problems.
* Skill in oral and written communication.
* Skill in the use of Google Office products.
* Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
* Ability to multitask while demonstrating a commitment to customer service and sensitivity to a culturally and ethnically diverse community.
Preferences: Experience with MacOS, JAMF, VDI, scripting, BitLocker, Microsoft Azure, InTune, Office 365, OMS, and Amazon Web Services.
Required: Must possess and maintain a driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
* CompTIA A+ Certification.
* Certified Casper Technician (CCT).
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
* Flexible work opportunities;
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: High $60,000s-low $80,000s
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: The employee is also occasionally required to lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and listen. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hands to operate computers, objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. This position may require driving a vehicle.
Best consideration date: 10/04/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/111906
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.