IT DataBase Administrator
IT DataBase Administrator, Application Database Administrator
Position #: 106503
The Application Database Administrator (DBA) is a member of Enterprise Data Services (EDS) in the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park. The position has responsibility for providing comprehensive database SQL optimization and administration for enterprise level, cross-campus services .
The position is responsible for:
* Configuring and maintaining Oracle and Postgres databases, including monitoring of database health, database performance, availability, deployment, backup and recovery (datapump) , security (audit), Optimization and SQL tuning.
* Analyzing and guiding customers with SQL / PostgreSQL Queries and PL/SQL for the Application requirements which includes writing of SQl / PostgreSQL and PL/SQLscripts.
* Providing 24×7 support for critical production systems.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
* 4 to 7 years of Database Administration experience primarily with Oracle AWS RDS and Postgres databases.
* Experience in writing SQL queries and PL/SQL scripts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Skilled in SQL/PostgreSQL query tuning and Database Tuning, Analyze database performance reports and Recommend best practices for SQL code deployment in production environments for database optimization.
* Proficient with AWS Oracle RDS and Postgres databases, including configuration, availability, deployment, security(Audit), Backup and Recovery (Datapump) and Monitoring.
* Must be able to work concurrently on multiple projects, adjust rapidly to occasional significant changes in priorities, and respond efficiently and effectively support 24 by 7 for critical production systems.
* Oracle or Postgres certification.
* Experience in Redshift, MSSQL, and/or MariaDB is a plus.
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
* Flexible work opportunities;
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: $110,000-$127,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Employee will need to be able to sit for long periods of time to work on a computer, as well as travel occasionally to meet with clients and customers on and off campus. Position also requires being on call to provide some outside of business hours support.
Best consideration date: 09/27/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/111901
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.