Summary Intermediate Logistics Analyst Huntsville, AL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, has a challenging and exciting career opportunity for an Intermediate Logistics Analyst
who will work to solve complex life cycle logistics problems and apply sound judgment to develop life cycle logistics policies, plans, procedures, and documents. Identify and apply concepts, policies, and practices of logistics management as they apply to new and legacy systems during the sustainment phase of the life cycle. Provide logistic, acquisition, configuration management, data management, and project management support for the Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP). Responsibilities
- Estimate costs for hazard and non-hazard shipments
- Prepare required documentation and certification for ordnance (hazardous) shipments to, including Hazard Declarations and Shipper's Declarations (DD2890), etc.
- Track scheduled shipments via Transportation Control Number (TCN) in multiple booking systems and coordinate with NSWC Crane Financial Analyst for ERP cross-over
- Track shipments while in route via satellite monitoring capability
- Coordinate with NSLC, SDDC, supporting contractors, and other activities for over-the-road (OTR) shipments
- Coordinate with US Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) to submit requests for both MILAIR and Sea Lift
- Create and review load plans for MILAIR shipments
- Ensure cargo documentation, packaging, and marking are within compliance of applicable MIL standards
- Understand Air Force pallets, including 463L and Type V, etc. for use of palletizing equipment, transfer to aircraft, and restraint for shipment
- Understand specialized support equipment (transport trailers, K-Loaders, forklifts, etc.) for use in loading and offloading aircraft
- Provide field support for offload of transport trailers and military aircraft, etc. for transfer of assets to storage sites and test ranges
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of science degree
- 5+ years working in a logistics related work environment
- This position requires travel
- Interim secret clearance
How you'll grow
- Knowledge and skills in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of logistics and life-cycle management principles, concepts, policies, and regulations
- Knowledge of contractual processes, procedures, and technical requirements as it applies to logistical support
- Ability to meet and deal with customers using a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, including writing and preparing memorandums, letters, briefings, and other official correspondence
- Must have the ability to travel 15-30% to CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program