Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the daily planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program consisting of a set of closely related subprograms or associated activities.
- Oversees operational and administrative management of program to ensure timely and quality completion.
- Establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers,
- Organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, plus oversee the successful and timely completion of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Frequently briefs leadership on status and progress of program
- Build teams in pursuit of directed programs, and build and maintain relationships with customers and partners.
- Support the capture efforts on directed programs
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Assist with writing proposals and win themes, crafting support solutions in response to capture efforts.
- Lead task order projects that involve the successful management of teams composed of IT professionals
- Assist with development of teams involved in analysis, design, integration, testing, documenting, converting, extending, and implementing automated information and/or telecommunications systems.
- Perform day-to-day management of program support operations, possibly involving multiple projects and groups of personnel at multiple locations.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and production of directed contract support activities.
- Serves as principal point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on operational matters and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise.
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher (or able to obtain a Top Secret clearance).
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Information Technology (Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Information Technology preferred).
- 10 years of relevant program management experience.
- Must have the following active certifications:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification (or equivalent).
- ITIL v.3 certification (ITIL v.4 preferred)
- PMP certification (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate background in:
- One of the following IT focus areas: Application Development Services, Network and Telecommunications Services, Cloud and Data Center, or Customer and End User Support Services.
- Management of a total contract value of $30M (or greater) for global delivery services in a highly complex environment within the past three (3) years.
- Oversight of at least one project in accordance with a CMM certified, DevOps/DevSecOps, Agile, and ITIL approaches.
- Solid track record of supervising large IT services contracts, including people of various job categories and skills.
- Expertise in management and control of costs, resources, and capability in managing projects of this type and scope.
- Proven ability in providing system modernization and innovation that resulted in increased operational efficiency or cost savings.
- A background working for the Department of State or foreign affairs is highly preferred.
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager (SPM) to join our team. The SPM will organize, direct, and manage all aspects of contract operational support functions. You will provide overall direction of program activities across teams in multiple locations, lead and collaborate with various teams to formulate, and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program, project task schedules, and costs plus contractual obligations for our federal client.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
- IT Infrastructure
- Application Development
- Multi-Hybrid Cloud Offerings
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: DC Metro Area
- Type of environment: Varies
- Noise level: Varies
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
U.S. Citizenship Required
Minimum Secret Clearance; must be clearable at the Top Secret level OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.