Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and guide the work of the Agile Release Train (ART) and suppliers in the value stream
- Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Release Train
- Establish and communicate annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Responsible for PI Planning readiness and execution of a Continuous Exploration process to synthesize a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs
- Facilitate thee Pl planning events
- Summarize program Pl objectives into Release train Pl Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Track the execution of solution ru1d release train epics ru1d capabilities
- Conduct periodic synchronization meetings, including value stream sync for the Release Train
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, learns, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Ensure collaboration between System and Government architects and engineers
- Work with Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- lmprove the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing
- DevOps and Release on Demand competencies
- Work with the agile program management office on program execution and operational excellence
- Understand and operate within lean budgets and ensure adherence to guardrails
- Drive continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Bachelor's degree plus 10 years of experience in systems engineering
- Five years of experience in Agile development at the agile release train or solution train level
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development
- SAFe agile certification in SAFe Program Consultant or Certified SAFe RTE
- Must have an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance
- Experience successfully developing and deploying capability in container-based services such as Docker and container orchestration such as Kubemetes
- Experience developing and deploying data analytics capability that use in machine learning
- Two years demonstrated experience as a scrum master or release train engineer leading or launching agile release trains
- Demonstrated experience and solid grasp of how to scale Lean and Agile practices and understand the unique opportunities and challenges associated ,with facilitating and continuously aligning a large development program
We are seeking a Release Train Engineer (RTE) to join our team supporting a NGA contract in Springfield, VA.
This acquisition will provide continued sustainment of Hyperion while simultaneously providing development, integration, deployment of new Knowledge and Analytic modeling capabilities. Knowledge and Analytic modeling are key components of a larger Enterprise Analytic Platform within the Analytic Services project. These modeling capabilities provide analysts the tools necessary for capturing information and assertions about objects and activities, insights and situational awareness on adversary activities, anticipatory and predictive intelligence, and value-driven collections to support supplier allocation and GEOINT data acquisition decisions.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Springfield, Va
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Clearance requirement: TS/SCI OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.