Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides fact and skill-specific cybersecurity subject matter expertise on a variety of topics in support of Board activities, including preparation of technical questions for requested speakers and in support of requests for information, technical analysis and summaries of information received from requests for information, research on cybersecurity issues and threats, and present or prepare presentation materials, summary documents, talking points, and other information for Board meetings and subcommittee meetings.
- Provides general cybersecurity subject matter expertise on a variety of topics in support of Board activities, including development of white papers on cybersecurity related topics, subcommittee support, and ensure technically accurate and readable notes from all Board meetings and subcommittee meetings.
- Collects and analyzes public and nonpublic documents, reports, assessments, and other records regarding cyber incidents under review as requested by CISA federal staff in support of the Board and the CSRB Subcommittee(s).
- Drafts, at the direction of CISA federal staff in support of the Board, requests for additional nonpublic documents and records related to cyber incidents and responses to support the development of factual records that can inform Board recommendations.
- Provides other incident review support requested by CISA.
- Provides other analysis and drafting of materials required by CISA federal staff.
- Clearance Required: TS/SCI
- Degree and Years of Experience: Several positions are available, ranging from a Bachelor's degree with 6 years through a Senior position with a Bachelor's degree and 9+ years of experience. CISSP, CISM, GSLC or CCISO is required (IAM III level certs).
- Required Skills:
- Experience providing complex subject matter expertise for Cybersecurity programs and activities.
- Knowledge and insight in a technical and functional aspect covering a wide range of technical areas.
- Broad understanding of complex information assurance, cyber security, intel, infrastructure, operations, hardware, software, processes, systems, and tools.
- Experience developing detailed solutions, designs, engineering, environments, architectures, and provides expert advice and reviews for a variety of systems and engineering areas and oversees project implementation.
- Functional expertise in defining security requirements and developing security solutions for information protection.
- Experience developing security policies and processes related to the protection of sensitive or classified information.
- Experience performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies for hardware and software specifications.
- Shall be proficient in common applications, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Experience supporting VIP Customers and working in a fast-paced high demand environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
We are seeking a Cyber Security SME to support our DHS CISA CSRB contract in Arlington, VA. The team primarily supports the Stakeholder Engagement Division of CISA and its work in support of the administration of the Cyber Safety Review Board. The team shall assist the Government with strategy formulation, policy development, performance and project management, and technical support that SED requires to protect the homeland.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job InformationCOMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Arlington, VA/Telework
- Type of environment: Office and Remote depending on client requirements
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a US CitizenOTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.