Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide remote and onsite server support for escalated issues on a daily basis.
- Depending on the circumstances, the Tier 3 Engineer could be required to travel to client data center sites in Northern Virginia and Maryland on short notice.
- Installation, upgrade, supported of servers hardware and software and server/network problem identification and resolution.
- Support technical support of systems including Windows Server and Virtual machines.
- Provide IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft core business applications and operating systems.
- Thorough knowledge in IP, DNS, and AD configurations.
- Interact with Tier 1 and Tier 2 providing support and guidance on difficult issues.
- Provide product training to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Help Desk Analyst and act as a mentor to junior support staff.
- Act as a back-up for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 Service Desk Staff.
- Maintain low ticket inventory by proactively reaching out to team members to analyze for any "roadblocks" and then resolving them.
- Provide out of hours coverage as part of an on-call rotation schedule as needed for SLA support.
- Assist in evaluating new services, processes and technologies introduced by the Customer Support Team.
- Take ownership of Tier 2 tickets that aren't resolved in a timely fashion with working with the original assignee.
- Respond positively when under pressure, multi-task and to deal with conflict / crisis ( i.e. realize something is important or will quickly become critical)
- Provide a high-level of customer service to all customers including effective communication.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of departmental policies and procedures.
- Work with system and application owners to remediate reoccurring issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot virtualized environments and make recommendations for improved performance.
- Communicate with customers as required, keeping them informed of support progress and notifying them when their issue has been resolved.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or specialized computer systems.
- Strong network infrastructure design and implementation experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft client and server operating systems associated with installation, configuration, support and management best practices.
- Develop and maintain server configurations standards for assigned users for tech support.
- Strong knowledge of both hardware and software.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, including working with customers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to work independently and manager multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to create or update technical documentation.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and meet required SLAs; must have a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and to manage work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel to customer sites to work onsite as needed.
- Experience installing and supporting applications such as Microsoft Office and Outlook, O365 and Windows 10.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of infrastructure, including but not limited to Operating Systems, Device Management, and client systems.
- Experience in working on a Service Desk teams supporting IT services.
- Experience in working with a ticketing system, such as Service Manager, ServiceNow, Remedy. Etc.
- Update tickets with the latest status
- Willing to work additional hours and/or perform additional tasks (including general office work) as needed.
- Requires onsite training for initial 60 days; Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, after training is completed, a manager's assessment is completed and the posture transitions to alternate 1 week onsite and 1 week remote.
- Must be able to pass Public Trust background check.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
CERTIFICATIONS (Minimum of 1 is required)
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in the technology field with deep hands-on experience.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience of supporting technology infrastructure.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft (Windows Server 2012/2016 (2019 a plus), Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Active Directory)
- Setup, operation and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking
- Experience with trouble ticketing system-currently using Service Manager
- Thorough knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as some customer-facing interaction will be required.
- Must be a team oriented individual.
- Experience with VoIP and network security is a plus.
- HPE SErver/Gen 10 certified
We are seeking a Tier III Technical Support Engineer to join our team supporting the Senate ITSC in Washington, DC.
This position will have some client facing aspect with the majority of time spent on the service desk supporting clients remotely. The Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer is the final escalation point within the Service Desk. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by levels Tier 1 and Tier 2 are escalated to the Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer. This individual is capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple based networks spanning multiple enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & Mac OS) environment.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Washington, DC - Requires onsite training for initial 60 days; Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, after training is completed, a manager's assesment is completed and the posture transitions to alternate 1 week onsite and 1 week remote.
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must be able to pass Public Trust background Check OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.