Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and resolve Level 1 requests via phone, e-mail and internal Remedy ticket system; escalate alerts to appropriate personnel, reboot servers and utilizing multiple data sources and tools in the diagnosis and assessment of system degradation which include Citrix, Active Directory, Remedy, WhatsUp Gold (WUG): MS Office, Microsoft TEAMS, MS Exchange Management Console, Internet Explorer.
- Provide Tier I support to resolve problems on internal and customer systems and escalate problems to Tier II/III support as per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Escalate and communicate customer issues and network related alerts to Level 2 NOC staff, management and administration as defined by policies and escalation procedures.
- Interface between customers/engineers, vendors/providers leveraging Remedy while managing network operations using various network management tools.
- Monitor network appliances/infrastructure, servers, operating systems, software applications, and hardware.
- Monitor system availability and performance tools. Work as a team member to meet or exceed service level targets.
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communications, including customer service skills with attention to detail; ability to multi-task efficiently; work independently and/or as a part of a team with capability to be proactive and resourceful in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid environment.
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans, assisting other departments as required. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned, participates in special projects as assigned, able to lift fifty pounds of equipment as needed.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches circuits, LAN, WAN, VPN and other network service connections preferred.
- Ability to work on command line interface in a UNIX or Linux environment helpful. Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking technologies; knowledge of Windows based operating System and office suite helpful.
- Perform physical inventory validation as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience
- Some College or Vocational
- Must successfully pass a drug screening
- Active or must be able to obtain Public Trust
We are searching for a Tier I-NOC Technician to join our team supporting the NRC-SNCC contract in Rockville, MD.
The Tier I-NOC Technician provides Network Operations Center support and front-line communications, monitoring, support, diagnosis, and coordination with specialized support groups. Utilize several network monitoring tools to ensure the viability of the network, while responding to a variety of hardware and software issues. Serves as a direct point of contact for customer, service provider and internal staff interaction and provide support for network connectivity issues, as well as working as a liaison for carriers and other information technology (IT) technicians.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Rockeville, MD
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium-High
- Work schedule: Evening, overnight, weekend, holiday and on-call work is required. Flexible and able to work overnight; 12- 10- or 8 hours between 6:00 PM and 7:00 AM (40 hours per week); 24x7; 365. Hours of operations may vary with business necessity. Weekend and holiday hours may be required based upon business need.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must be a U.S Citizen
Must successfully pass a drug screening
Active or must be able to obtain Public Trust OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.