Responsibilities & Qualifications
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is an independent agency established in 1934 to identify, protect, preserve, and make publicly available the historically valuable records of all three branches of the Federal Government. Team members on the NARA IT and Telecommunications Support Services (NITTSS) program are modernizing the enterprise by implementing a Zero-Trust security model, increasing cloud adoption, and replacing legacy technology with modern tools. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the onsite Service Desk with receives an average of 3,000 monthly incidents and service requests from ~5,300 users
- Develop and implement service desk policies and procedures
- Staff and train service desk agents
- Monitor and improve service desk performance
- Work with other IT departments to ensure that service desk requests are routed to the appropriate department for resolution
- Work with customers to resolve service desk requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain service desk records and reports
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and trends in the service desk industry
- Work with other management team members to develop Deskside Service objectives, keeping customer service and efficiency in mind.
- Lead team meetings and coach and motivate team members.
- Interface with users of technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department.
- Provide support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Respond to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Install and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
- Maintains upgrades and repair PCs/laptops and Window desktop applications for all systems.
- 10 years' experience managing a service desk.
- Expert knowledge of desktop and server operating systems and applications
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Clearance: Secret clearance
We are seeking a Service Desk Manager to join our team supporting NARA/NITTSS in College Park, MD.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP". Additional Job InformationCOMPETENCIES
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: College Park, MD
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.