Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Support approximately 130 Military Treatment Facilities worldwide
- Develop and implement computer network systems
- Support engineering and deployment of network and security solutions in DoD Armed Forces, and Military Health Services medical treatment facilities (MTFs).
- Responsible for the implementation, planning, and coordination of security systems and software that protects the technological infrastructure found at a company or an organization.
- Build and maintain the daily operations of computer networks at their work sites and monitor and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including systems software, application software or hardware, and any and all relevant configurations.
- Responsible for running disaster recovery operations and data backups
- Help solve systems and software problems for users by troubleshooting to determine issues
- Maintain a system of network and computer systems and run upgrades and maintenance, which includes the on-boarding of new users and granting of new permissions when necessary.
- Possible travel within the Continental United States/Outside Continental United States (CONUS/OCONUS).
- The candidate will provide the full range of network services required to manage the day-to-day operations of the customer IT computing environment, ensuring reliable, secure, and efficient availability of the current and evolving circuits and networks to include the security stack and remote access services.
- The candidate will lead briefings and technical meetings for a DOD customer.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- The candidate will provide hands-on systems and network engineering. The successful candidate will be expected to interact with the team, customers, Government COR and Government PM. The candidate will play a key role in the architectural and design decisions the team makes and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions to leadership, management and customers (including government and military personnel).
- The candidate will provide technical expertise to help team members engineer, deploy and operate with an understanding of systems and infrastructure dependencies within the enclaves. Candidate will manage the team's operational and on-call schedule, projects schedules and allocation of resources within the team to include assigning incident tickets, work orders, task within remedy as well as project outside of Remedy.
- Candidate will closely monitor team metrics to ensure compliance with all contractual SLAs.
- Working with the government team, as the lead member s of the Infrastructure Group, the candidate will maintain the customer IT infrastructure, to include all network cabling, crypto devices, fly-away kits, firewalls, routers, and switches across multiple separate networks.
- The Infrastructure Group will maintain the security of all customer IT Infrastructure systems and maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) tasks, to include manually STIGing network devices and ensuring the appropriate documentation for system accreditation is maintained and customer keeps their Authority to Operate (ATO). The customer IT infrastructure includes all routers, circuits, firewalls, interconnecting cabling, network security equipment, network monitoring equipment, and end user IT equipment.
- In order to mitigate security risks, the candidate will coordinate closely with the government and support team to ensure security upgrades, patches, configurations, and logs are introduced and implemented with appropriate priority commensurate with the level of exposure to potential cybersecurity threats.
- In support of the customer IT Systems Administration Group the candidate will coordinate troubleshooting efforts to isolate problems and help bring systems back on-line.
- The candidate will plan, manage, back up, troubleshoot, fix/repair, install OEM and security patches and upgrades, and monitor the health of the customer IT Infrastructure with Solarwinds. The candidate will have familiarity with the following Solarwinds modules: NPM, IPAM, NCM, NTA, and SAM.
- The contractor will provide application support to various customer offices as designated in Service Level Agreements (SLA) with those offices.
- Candidate must be familiar with DoD IA requirements (STIGs, vulnerability scanning). The candidate should have experience with Cisco routing and switching, Cisco Call Manager, Palo Alto Firewalls (version 7.1 and 8.1), F5, Cisco ISE. Experience with Microsoft Skype for business, VMWare NSX, public or Milcloud, Acano, and TMS deployments all a plus.
- The candidate will support the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) for the Agency on a 24x7x365 basis, in accordance with requirements for a Defense Agency NOSC and appropriate DoD Directives. Included in this objective the candidate will maintain real-time situational awareness of the customer IT infrastructure and supported environments; shall lead restorative actions to ensure all networks remain up and operational. On-call work will be required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications or higher
- Required Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline related to information technology (and) minimum 5 years' experience in related field
A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience supporting, designing, and troubleshooting networks with at least 50 sites and more than 2000 LAN Switches
- Additional certifications such as Ruckus Certified Network Implementer (RCNI), Brocade Certified Network Professional (BCNP), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP) and Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE) are encouraged, but a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience with alternate vendors may result in waiving this requirement with approval of the COR
- Clearance Requirement: Secret
We are seeking a Network Specialist Senior to join our team supporting DHA / DENSS LAN/WAN in San Antonio, TX.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Ft. Houston, San Antonio, TX
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Minimal
- Work schedule: Normal M-F (40 hours)
- Amount of Travel: Up to 25%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: Secret OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.