Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the full range of support services required to manage the day-to-day operations and systems administration of the DTRA IT computing environment at Reston facility, ensuring reliable, secure, and efficient availability of the current and evolving DTRA IT services and capabilities.
- Working with the government team, as principle members of the SA Group, the candidate will maintain the DTRA IT infrastructure, to include all servers and storage devices such as the Storage Area Networks (SAN) across multiple separate networks.
- Maintain the security of all DTRA IT Infrastructure systems and perform Information Assurance (IA) to maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) tasks, documentation and system accreditation required to maintain system Authority to Operate (ATO).
- The DTRA IT infrastructure includes all routers, circuits, firewalls, interconnecting cabling, network security equipment, network monitoring equipment, and end user IT equipment.
- In order to mitigate security risks, the candidate will coordinate closely with the government and support team responsible for Cybersecurity Support Services (Task Order 2) ensure security upgrades, patches, configurations, and logging are introduced and implemented with appropriate priority commensurate with the level of exposure to potential cybersecurity threats.
- The DTRA IT Infrastructure at Reston facility supports approximately 200 users In support of the DTRA IT Systems Administration Group the candidate will support multiple computer networks at various levels of security classification.
- Plan, manage, back up, troubleshoot, fix/repair, install OEM and security patches and upgrades, and monitor the health of the DTRA IT Server and Storage infrastructures to ensure continuous, secure, and efficient access to the full range of DTRA partners.
- Provide application support to various DTRA offices as designated in Service Level Agreements (SLA) with those offices.
- Support the DTRA IT computing environment at the Reston facility, in accordance with requirements for a Defense Agency NOSC and appropriate DoD Directives.
- Included in this objective the candidate will maintain real-time situational awareness of the DTRA IT infrastructure at the Reston facility and supported environments; shall lead restorative actions to ensure all networks remain up and operational.
- Continuously monitor infrastructure equipment and components to support appropriate technical refresh plans.
- Performance measures for this requirement are defined in the PRS below and focus on network availability, efficiency, and security.
- Strong background working with Windows platofrm integration.
- Experience with the ATO process, IA documentation, eMASS and XACTA
- Experience with containerization (Docker, and Kubernetes)
- Provide database administration for SQL, MySQL, and PostgrSQLdatabases.
- Configure, deploy and maintain:
- Linux and Windows based operating systems
- virtual hypervisors to include VMware
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms
- 3rd party applications
- highly available database Engines
- storage platforms
- Provide support to IT systems including:
- day-to-day operations
- monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
- maintenance of IT Systems
- improve reliability and performance
- Ensure compliance with Information Assurance standards for deployment to production:
- IAVA updates and patching
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (both Windows and Linux OS)
- reviewing system logs
- Analyze requirements of future deployments and make recommendations for IT infrastructure necessary, to include all hardware and software
- Perform root cause analysis on significant issues across all tiers of support
- Develop new system and application implementation plans to include testing procedures and ensuring operational reliability. Create and update system documentation to meet IA requirements.
- Stays current with technological developments and makes recommendations for ways to take advantage of new and emerging technology.
- Create technical documentation such as standard operating procedures (SOP) and as builds for both technical and non-technical audience.
- Fifteen (15)+ years of experience required.
- Top-Secret//SCI clearance required.
- DoD 8570 Level II or III compliant certification required.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support the DTRA ITSS II contract at Reston.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Reston, VA
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Regular daytime shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs
- Amount of Travel: up to 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.