Summary Director Business Development Lorton, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS) was created with the purpose of providing integrated enterprise IT support to Federal customers both CONUS and OCONUS. CARS employs Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with decades of experience working in the Federal marketplace.
The Director of Business Development
is responsible for identification, qualification, win strategy development, shaping, and support of proposal development activities leading to the successful capture of new business. Responsibilities
- Define target markets, identify and qualify new business opportunities.
- Apply Capture Management strategies and execution to further qualify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Lead large strategic bids including development of technical solutions and win strategies.
- Effectively and efficiently drives capture pursuits through gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned.
- Lead and negotiate teaming agreements and strategic alliances.
- Build and execute call plans to position for successful pursuits.
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution.
- Develop market strategy and continuously mature a qualified pipeline, createand track schedules in GovWin and internal tools; and report status when requiredto senior management for key opportunities.
- Present the opportunity's status at required gate reviews and obtain approvals as required to progress the opportunity through its lifecycle.
- Classify the win probability, funding probability and bid/performance risks and establishappropriate risk management strategies.
- Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits.
- Drive development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports proposal team by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids.
- Assume accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree relevant business, technical, or professional field of study. Degree may be substituted for relevant years of experience;
- 7 + years capture management or related Business Development experience in the Defense, Intelligence of Federal space with proventrack record in capture and proposal development.
- Experience in developing new business and successfully pursuing medium to large-scale Federal Government business/projects.
- Experience in the entire capture process.
- Experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts.
- Must have a proven record of success in managing Business Development opportunities throughout the entire Federal Acquisition lifecycle from inceptionto award.
- Must have a proven track record and business acumen for supporting an 8(a) ANC's Business Development activities in support of Sole Sources.
- Background check required with ability to obtain Top secret clearance.
How you'll grow
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in the entire capture process are required and solid experience in developing service solutions under all contract types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) as well as non-IDIQ and IDIQ single or multiple award contracts is expected.
- Ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships externally with customers and within a firm/corporation, with a focus on understanding how to create competitive discriminators in a highly cost-competitive environment.
- Proficient ability in capture management based on industry best practices with demonstrated proficiencyqualifying opportunities.
- Ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Agile Real Time Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program