The Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services (DPWES) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Service Delivery Manager (SDM) to join our IT team. Oversees all aspects of delivering and maintaining a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) that is mission critical to transforming our daily operations. Architects the system’s technical solution and leading a matrixed cross-functional IT delivery team in the planning, implementation, and ongoing support of the CMMS system and services. You will act as the central interface between customers and IT delivery to establish effective interaction on all CMMS issues, concerns, questions, and business needs, and proactively identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities to enhance CMMS services and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
DPWES is a diverse, nationally-accredited and award-winning public works agency with approximately 1,000 employees providing solid waste, capital facility development, wastewater, stormwater, urban forestry, and land acquisition management services for the most populous county in Virginia. Join our team to help us protect the environment and serve the people of Fairfax County by creating and preserving a sustainable community that is an ideal place to live, work, and play for everyone.
Fairfax County Government is committed to our employees, and offers comprehensive benefits, including a defined-benefit retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; paid leave; tuition reimbursement; and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Through our LiveWell Program and the County Benefits Division, we endeavor to cultivate a culture of wellbeing that empowers, educates and engages employees and retirees to make life-long choices that promote a holistic approach to their physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual and financial wellness. Please review our awesome benefits:
The Director’s Office provides support for all business areas of DPWES. Responsible for communication and public engagement, information technology, safety, emergency planning, and human resource policy oversight, the Director’s Office is foundational for the department's success in delivering quality and equitable services to our community.
Your future duties and responsibilities include:
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to the following:
- Technical Solution Management: Responsible for the overall success of the solution design and deployment. The SDM must have a thorough understanding of IT system, infrastructure, and emerging technologies to architect and develop technical solutions that bring value and innovation to our client business issues and attain project objectives. Technical knowledge is also fundamental to understanding the service delivery landscape and effectively communicating with technical teams and customer stakeholders.
- Project and Program Management: Perform project management duties required to implement, transition, and maintain steady state environments and services. This will require overseeing a portfolio of projects or initiatives that will require strong project management skillsets to plan, organize and coordinate resource timelines, deliverables, and sequence competing priorities.
- Service Delivery Management: Possess a deep understanding of service management principles, frameworks (such as ITIL), and best practices to ensure efficient and effective service delivery processes are established and maintained. This includes incident management, problem management, change management, service level management, and solution offering and delivery operations governance.
- Client Relationship Management: Leveraging exceptional interpersonal and communication skills work closely with clients, vendors, and delivery teams to develop relationships, understand needs, assess feedback, manage expectations, and develop and advise on strategies to establish, improve, and refine IT solution and services.
- Vendor Management: Manage multiple vendor relationships. Develop Statements of Work proposals, negotiate contracts, manage budgets, and monitor vendor performance to ensure fulfill contractual obligations.
- Leadership: As a non-people manager, lead a matrixed multi-disciplinary delivery team that includes subcontractors and vendors, to seamlessly execute projects and ensure daily steady state tasks are carried out efficiently. Advise team on technical strategies and solution offering direction, rectify issues, and ensure the team’s processes and tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Problem-Solving: Serve as primary interface for al problem resolution, and IT solution change requests. Must have the ability to think critically and be adept at analyzing complex situations, identifying, and researching issues, and making decisions.
(Click on the aforementioned link to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to")
Possession of a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field; plus five years of experience in systems design, development, programming and maintenance, and/or project or program management experience or equivalent in a complex information systems environment and supervisory experience of internal staff and vendors/contractor staff, and /or experience in matrix management environment in a complex organization.CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
A valid driver's license.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee is required to complete a criminal background and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree or higher in related technical field (e.g., Computer Science, software engineering, Information Systems Management).
- 10+ years of Service Delivery management experience.
- Expert knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) and ITIL processes and principles.
- 10+ years of Project and program management experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading CMMS system implementations and managing the system delivery lifecycle.
- Multiple years of proven technical experience in designing and building distributed system solutions and integration architectures.
- Understanding and experience of Infrastructure, IaaS, and Cloud design methodologies and technologies.
- Understanding and experience with Esri product suite, preferably integration of GIS with CMMS platforms.
Ability to travel to various locations throughout Fairfax County to provide coverage, attend meetings and trainings. Job is generally sedentary. Ability to use keyboard-driven equipment. All duties are performed with or without reasonable accommodation.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home ( Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others
) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity. Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov