US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking an Facility Security Specialist, III
to perform the work as an Assistant Facility Security Officer
reporting directly to the FSO and assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of security procedures as required by the Cleared Facility, the Department of Defense (DOD), the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), the DCSA Consolidated Adjudication Services (CAS), and the National Industrial Security Manual (NISPOM)/32 CFR Part 117. This is a hybrid role requiring at least 2 days/week onsite in Lexington Park, MD. Responsibilities
- Assists the FSO with the overall security program
- Processes new employee security clearances
- Tracks security clearance investigations and performs administrative support functions, The National Background Investigation Services (NBIS) and Defense Information System for Security (DISS) and Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) administration
- Provides security briefings, debriefings, and awareness training for site personnel
- Reviews required forms, processes, and screens security forms (SF86) and SCI Nomination packages
- Ensures document control security by safeguarding classified documents in accordance with the NISPOM/32 CFR Part 117 and through coordination with government agencies, Valiant management, and the FSO
- Assists in preparation for facility reviews and inspections
- 3 years' experience in security programs as AFSO or in a related field
- Strong knowledge of The National Background Investigation Services (NBIS) and Defense Information System for Security (DISS), e-QIP, government programs, and SF86
- In-depth knowledge of NISPOM/32 CFR Part 117 requirements
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must complete, or have completed required training, including the FSO Program Management for Non-Possessing Facilities Curriculum
- Must be able to interpret and implement security policy, provide guidance, oversight and assistance to company personnel
- Must be able to demonstrate by knowledge and experience the ability to manage and oversee comprehensive Security Compliance Program
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and superior attention to detail
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, work independently and in team
- Must complete Possessing Facilities Curriculum within the first 3 months of employment if hired if the certificate has not already been attained
- 10% Travel Required
- Completed Possessing Facilities Curriculum is a Plus
- Ensures document control security by safeguarding classified documents in accordance with the NISPOM and through coordination with government agencies, and the FSO.
- Maintain classified holdings and prepare classified transmittals in accordance with NISPOM guidelines and requirements.
- Contractor Personnel Security Officer (CPSO) or Assistant Contractor Personnel Security Officer (ACPSO) for a Special Access Program (SAP)
HS Diploma with an Associates degree preferred Clearance
All applicants for this position must possess a Secret
clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top-Secret
clearance; please note that the clearance process considers financial background aspects. Compensation
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability , and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance . Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $51,277.00 - $70,022.00 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package . Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.