Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Administration of Splunk.
- Perform deployment, or administration of Virtual infrastructure, packet capture and NetFlow systems, cloud access security broker (CASB) and similar security tools.
- Perform deployment, or administration of identify management or multifactor systems such as Delinea, Okta, or RSA Security Identity.
- Review alerts that trigger/activate on systems and services pertaining to Cybersecurity systems and Resolve security tools, infrastructure or system issues.
- Perform review of Web Application Firewall (WAF) events to identify security and anomalous behavior.
- Perform review of security rules (alerts) that trigger anomalous activities or threat detections.
- Monitor and maintain server configurations.
- Perform other official duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of experience in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Two (2) or more years of hands-on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS, FWs and NACs, Identity Management systems and protocols such as NetFlow (Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ISE, FireEye, Gigamon) and Web Application Firewalls.
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience working with cloud services such as AWS, Azure and O365 and cloud access security brokers.
- Experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols.
- Experience with Splunk.
- Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer's business.
We are seeking a Security Engineer - Tier 1 to join our team supporting our customer in Washington, DC.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any vaccination requirements mandated by contract, applicable law or regulation.
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Washington, DC
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: US Citizen
Clearance requirement: N/A to start, eligible for Secret/TS OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.