Accounting & Finance Manager
The Accounting & Finance Manager performs a variety of accounting and financial functions and activities focused on accounts receivable, cash management, and grant management. The incumbent is highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple assignments, and internal and external relationships to ensure accurate and timely outputs. As a team member of our nonprofit organization, the incumbent advocates for Casey Trees’ mission and in particular, the motto: connecting people to trees, through trees, and to Casey Trees.
Compensation and Benefits:
$80,000-$90,000 annually with competitive benefits upon hire, including employer paid premiums for health, dental, vision insurance for employees, paid sick, vacation and holiday time and a 403(b) match after 6 months.
Administrative and Management Functions (20%)
- Manages the AP functions of the organization (bill.com administrator, employee reimbursements, corporate credit cards, etc.) including any personnel and/or outsourced contractors.
- Manages month-end closing process with outside accountant.
- Collaborates with Business Manager on annual budget and annual audit.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Management Functions (40%)
- Manages contract and grant invoicing for the organization from governments, foundations, and other partners.
- Tracks and reconciles invoices between Salesforce and Sage-Intacct.
- Performs accounts receivable function for Casey Trees including, but not limited to: utilizing remote scanner to deposit checks, entering deposits into Sage-Intacct, and reconciling weekly donations and online merchandise sales and posting to general ledger.
- Forecasts cash needs and manages transfers to/from investment accounts. Maintains accounts within FDIC limits.
Management of Restricted Revenue/Grant Revenue (40%)
- Works with development staff and program directors to create budgets for grant proposals and reports.
- Tracks grant spending against proposal budgets throughout award period and regularly communicates results internally and externally, recommending budget modifications when appropriate.
- Supports the full life-cycle of all grants for the organization, including creating and tracking grant-specific financial codes and the effective dates for each.
- Manages monthly revenue releases/recognition from temporarily restricted net asset accounts.
The incumbent will supervise the Accounting & Finance Associate
The incumbent works primarily in an office setting and must be able to use equipment such as (not an exclusive list):
- Computer, tablets, smartphones, printer/copier, remote desktop scanner, and telephone.
- While this is primarily a desk job, all CT employees may engage in tree planting/related activities in outdoor environments, year-round in the heat, cold and inclement weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a fulltime, exempt position, averaging 40 hours a week. The incumbent must be able and willing to work evenings, weekends, and extended hours when needed.
Travel is primarily local; occasionally to Casey Tree Farm in Berryville, VA
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Proficiency in Sage-Intacct or similar cloud financial management software
- Experience with GAAP accounting treatment of restricted revenue, grants, and endowments
- Strong, demonstratable, skills in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thoughtful, organized, highly collaborative with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment; both internally and externally
- Experience formulating and adhering to budgets
- Must be able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Must be able to establish, track, and meet deadlines
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector
- Experience in Martus or similar financial analysis and planning software
- Experience managing people
To apply: go to caseytrees.org/jobs or follow the link provided.