Summary Scheduler/Estimator Various Location, Telecommute
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Architecture Design Solutions (CADS) is an Alaskan Native Small Disadvantaged Business, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega Corporation. We solve complex challenges with dedication and excellence-keeping clients and stakeholders informed at every step. Our professionals have been serving clients for more than three decades.
We make our clients' priorities our own so that we can develop consistent, long-term partnerships with all of our customers. Fulfilling our commitments to our clients and projects is the backbone of those relationships, and our ability to be agile and flexible is a big part of our success.
will collaborate with the NAVFAC field offices relating to Project Management and Construction Engineering for various projects. Responsibilities
- Review and analyze the contractor's initial and monthly updated CPM schedules for logic, duration changes, and milestone changes.
- Visit construction sites to monitor activity progress and develop cost estimates.
- Manage concurrent delays and determine whether delays are excusable and
- Identify and manage the need for a modification to scope, cost, and/or schedule based on collaboration with supported Command, designer, and/or other entities.
- Collaborate with others on the issuance of the contractor request for proposal.
- Prepare independent government estimates (IGEs) when needed.
- Collaborate on the preparation of sketches and drawings in support of negotiations and issuance of the modification.
- Prepare the final documentation and wording for the modification including justification for cost and time involved for final submission to the Contracting Officer.
- Manage technical support for claims/disputes/terminations processing, negotiation and resolution.
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, estimates, fact sheets, status reports, and schedules as required to complete project assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or related fields.
- 10+ years of CPM scheduling and estimating experience of qualifications which include education/experience/certifications/clearances (quantifiable).
- Extensive practical experience with the development and successful application of such techniques to specific contracts, projects, large-scale programs, and the detailed analysis of contractor requests for equitable adjustments and claims.
- Interim Secret clearance required.
How you'll grow
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge, and experience as a Construction Manager.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods as well as construction management.
- Ability to review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes.
- Ability to prepare estimates for proposed Government changes.
- Expert-level understanding of the scheduling techniques utilized by the construction industry such as P6.
- Must possess a keen understanding of schedules utilizing network analysis and the potential impact of modifications to the critical path.
- Must have familiarity with schedule delay/disruption analysis methods including the advantages/disadvantages and correct application of each method.
- Ability to conduct a delay analysis to determine cause and effect. Responsibility for delaydeterminesthe relationof hips to impacted activities.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of key issues such as float, concurrencies, constructive acceleration, impacts on unchanged work, and the cumulative effect of changes.
- Possess a working knowledge of the legal aspects of schedules and the ability to give expert testimony in defense of the government in claims.
- Ability to apply this knowledge towards contributing new methods and approaches to defending NAVFAC against construction scheduling claims.
- Must possess expert level knowledge of computer scheduling software including Primavera P6 and Primavera Claim Digger, Microsoft project, Cost works, and RS Means.
- Expert level of knowledge to use computer applications to analyze and make informed decisions and projections on the general health of a project based on earned values and actual progress.
- A fundamental knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spread sheet, presentation, electronic mail, Internet, and database software is required.
- In depth knowledge of the various types of construction contracts, project delivery methods, and regulations governing Federal contract administration
- Able and willing to traverse on construction jobsites (approximately 20% of the time)
- Able to communicate (both orally and in writing) effectively to all leadership levels
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Codes and Industry Standards.
- Proficiency with industry standard software packages such as Primavera" P6", Microsoft project, Cost works, and RS Means.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required.
- Knowledge of computer operations and software applications such as MS office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point), Primavera P6.
- Ability to travel (10%).
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#CHENEGA ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGNS SOLUTIONS, LLC Teleworking Permitted?
Yes Teleworking Details
100% remote Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $145,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program