Summary Maintenance Technician II Huntsville, AL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, has an exciting career opportunity for a Maintenance Technician II
who performs assignments not completely
standardized or prescribed. The Maintenance Technician II
will provide Missile DefenseDeployment and Sustainment Operations (MDDSO) support to the Army Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office (RCCTO) Mid-Range Capabilities Project Office (MRCPO). Support to MRCPO includes storage, maintenance, and packaging, handling, shipping, and transportation (PHS&T) of various MRCPO assets that comprise the Typhon weapon system. The Maintenance Technician II
will select or adapt standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents. The Maintenance Technician II
receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from a supervisor or an Engineer and independently performs recurring work.
Fleet maintenance for our Department of Defense customers includes the
repair, fabrication, manufacture, rebuilding, assembly overhaul,
modification, refurbishment, rebuilding, test, analysis, repair-process
design, in-service engineering, upgrade, painting, and disposal of parts,
assemblies, subassemblies, components, or end items that require shop
facilities, tooling, support equipment, and/or personnel of higher technical
skills and knowledge of processes beyond the average level of capability. Responsibilities
- Perform fleet planning, operation, and maintenance.
- Maintain and track inventory.
- Track equipment Work Orders using CMMS software.
- Perform electrical diagnostics and repair on AC up to 480V 3PH, and DC up to 48V.
- Perform paint and coating removal, preparation, priming, and recoat with various types of coatings on various materials.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair hydraulic systems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair both fixed and mobile-type HVAC systems.
- EPA608 Universal and EPA609 certifications are a plus.
- Perform welding on various materials using GMAW, GTAW, and SMAW processes.
- AWS D.1.1 and AWS D.17.1 certifications are desired.
- Perform fabrication using hydraulic sheer, brake, hydraulic presses, and basic hand tools.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair air systems found on vehicles and trailers as well as other equipment.
- Inspect, repair, and replace braking and suspension systems found on vehicles and trailers.
- Follow specific layouts, diagrams, drawings, and procedures to construct, maintain, and operate vehicles and equipment and their related components.
- Provide technical support, engineering, and analysis in areas such as Maintenance, Transportation support, Inventory/warehouse support, and Test and Engineering operations.
- Perform Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, semi-annual, and annual preventive Maintenance inspections on vehicles and Material Handling Equipment.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repairs on a wide variety of Material Handling Equipment.
- Perform general maintenance modifications and repairs as well as extremely high-profile work for the Department of Defense.
- Operate various vehicles and material handling equipment.
- Operate test and diagnostic equipment such as multimeters, leak detectors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A valid driver's license is required
- Interim secret clearance is required on day one and must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance over the life of the contract
How you'll grow
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to conscientiously follow written and verbal instruction
- Proper use of standard hand tools and material handling equipment
- Operation of heavy equipment, including trucks and forklifts for general material handling
- Ability to maintain a driver's license
- Ability to lift boxes, packages, and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds using proper equipment and lifting techniques.
- Physically fit with full use of arms, legs, and back.
- Ability to obtain and maintain required training and certifications
- Ability to use computers to search for and generate information using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel 20-30% to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program