Summary Mechanical Engineer PE Washington, DC
Chenega Worldwide Support (CWS) is a premier provider of Architecture and Engineering support services to federal customers around the world. Founded in 2016 to support federal operations OCONUS, CWS holds true to its mission that no matter the location, we are there to get the job done.
The Mechanical Engineer PE
will assist the customer with the performance of mechanical engineering design and production support from project inception through construction. Responsibilities
- Design and technical competence in developing and the production of complete construction documents, including drawings and specifications for new and renovation projects.
- Responsible for professional quality, technical accuracy, and coordination, including inter-discipline coordination, of all designs, drawings, specifications, and other services furnished by CWS under this contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of specialized experience in mechanical and plumbing schematic design and design development, evaluation of new and existing commercial facilities, and industrial and healthcare facilities similar to the building types prevalent in the Customer's Area of Responsibility
- Experience in the following:
- Design and review of main Air and Water Side and steam Mechanical systems
- Main mechanical applications software for sizing ductwork and piping systems
- Construction site visits
- Professional registration as a Licensed Mechanical Engineer
- Interim Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Familiarity with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects.
- Ability to provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers and to review other mechanical engineers' work for code compliance and constructability.
- Ability to estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with architectural engineering firms and general contractors.
- Ability to produce field progress reports as needed.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to provide engineering solutions to problems when requested by the government.
- Ability to review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI's).
- Have good or master skills and experience in AUTOCAD.
- Working knowledge in design and reviewing of main Air and Water Side and steam Mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of main mechanical applications software for sizing ductwork and piping systems.
- Working knowledge of the SpecsIntact and ability to produce and edit specifications for design projects.
- Ability to design DDC control systems, including production of the sequences of operation, point lists, and control diagrams.
- Working knowledge of the latest UFCs, UFGS, NFPA, and International Mechanical, and Plumbing Codes.
- Ability to travel (10%)
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Worldwide Support, LLC Teleworking Permitted?
Yes Teleworking Details
100% remote Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $157,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program