Application Systems & Programming (AS&P) Project Lea
Warren, MI Join our Talent Network
CABS is currently seeking aProject Manager to support the Goddard Space Flight Center/Information Technology and Communications Directorates (GSFC/ITCD) in the analysis, planning, development and execution of projects. TheProject Manager will provide IT planning and scheduling support in the development, completion and maintenance of project management activities and artifacts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide cost, schedule, risk, and technical management of all IT support and services, functions, and tasks.
- Provide data and services, and support required to maintain functions of ITCS operations and program management.
- Develop, socialize, and maintain program management and project management deliverables, including program plans, project plans, schedules, scope definition documents, work breakdown structures, requirements, designs, communications, risk management, change, test and training plans, and other stage gate products as specified in NPR 7120.7.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports for supported programs and projects (planned accomplishments and milestones versus actual performance).
- Prepare and conduct monthly program management reviews, including presentation, discussion, and recommendation of program priorities, project statuses, significant accomplishments, risk management, problem areas, and corrective action plans.
- In addition to face to face meetings, the PM shall provide and promote online postings of current knowledge products in an orderly and intuitive manner and minimize the need to generate and email products for distribution.
- Provide support to ITCD by defining, documenting, managing, maintaining, reporting, and analyzing metrics, reports, and other data to establish effective oversight of information technology processes, assets/artifacts/resources, delivery, management, and operations for the program.
- Ensure the quality and timelines of products and services.
- Responsible for assuring conformance of products to requirements, methods, and standards established by NASA, including verification and validation of products and services, and software assurance for all applications development activities.
- Provide, implement, and maintain a quality assurance process that includes plans and procedures to ensure that products and services delivered conform to contract requirements, reflect industry best practices, and are consistent with a lifecycle approach.
- Establish methodology for identifying, assessing, and managing technology for use and in use in the IT infrastructure, systems, and by services.
- Assist and support NASA HQ ITCS with:
- ITCD Emerging Technology Program ensuring the quality and timeliness of expertise.
- Management, assessment, enhancement, and maintenance of:
- The Technical Reference Model.
- Enterprise Architecture model, methodology, and framework to include technical architecture, data architecture, business architecture, and system architectures.
- Service catalog, technical service requirements and related architectures, technical portfolios such as application portfolio, and IT assets supporting IT infrastructure, systems, and services.
- Vendor support and maintenance agreement, software licenses, software versions.
- Track official communications with the COR such as technical direction, requests for information, and transmittals, and provide status concerning all such communications.
- Monitor cost to ensure projects are within allocated funding.
- Maintain company quality assurance program site management, in accordance with MIOS policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of employee timesheets.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in Program/Project Management, Business Management, or related discipline.
- 5 + years of demonstrated experience with managing a project of similar size and discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Active Project Management Professional) PMP) certification of Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification desired.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required: ability to interact with all levels of staff, government personnel, and management.
- Ability to multi-task in a high stress, performance-based environment.
- Ability to provide continual attention to detail in composing contract deliverables and required reporting.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required.
- Must have the ability to travel as requested or required based on business needs.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network