OverviewManager, Contracts Billing & Collections US Rockville - Hybrid Role
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
We are currently seeking a highly experienced and detail-oriented professional to join our Finance team as a Manager, Contracts Billing & Collections (Manager, Accounts Receivable). This critical role will report directly to the VP, Corporate Controller and provide overall oversight of the AR function, including managing the AR billing being performed in India. The Manager, Accounts Receivable will be responsible for driving process improvements, managing issue resolution, and ensuring efficient and effective billing, disputes management, cash applications, and collections, with a strong focus on billing processes for gov con and commercial project accounting requirements that involve close collaboration with Emmes project teams. Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivable Oversight: Provide overall supervision of the accounts receivable function, including invoicing, collections, and cash applications
- Billing Process Coordination: Collaborate with Emmes project teams to ensure proper billing process execution in line with project accounting requirements. Review project contracts, milestones, and billing schedules to align billing activities with project milestones and resource usage
- AR Process Improvements: Identify opportunities to optimize the AR process, streamlining workflows, implementing automation, and enhancing efficiency in billing, disputes management, account reconciliations, cash applications, and collections
- Hands-On Support: Lead by example and be actively involved in day-to-day AR activities, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, cash applications, and collections efforts
- Disputes Management: Oversee the resolution of customer disputes and discrepancies, collaborating with cross-functional teams to resolve issues promptly
- Proper data setup and maintenance of customer accounts
- Cash Applications: Perform accurate and timely recording of customer payments, applying funds to customer accounts, and managing unapplied cash. Providing insights for optimizing the company's cash utilization and working capital
- Collections Management: Develop, implement, and maintain effective collections strategies, monitoring and reducing accounts receivable delinquencies
- Compliance and Controls: Ensure adherence to company policies, internal controls, and regulatory requirements related to accounts receivable
- AR Reporting and Analysis: Provide regular reporting and analysis of AR data, including aging reports, cash flow forecasting, and DSO analysis
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other finance and operational teams to streamline AR-related processes and foster effective communication
- Performance Management: Manage and mentor the offshore AR team, providing coaching, feedback, and professional development opportunities
Emmes requires all US based Clinical Research Associate new hires to be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. All new hires may also be required to comply with other COVID-19 health and safety protocols, such as masking or testing. Emmes complies with all applicable laws regarding reasonable accommodations or exemptions for religious, medical, or other legally protected reasons.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field, equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable management
- Strong understanding of AR principles, internal controls, and compliance requirements
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense required
- Proven track record of driving process improvements and implementing AR best practices
- Strong organization, time management, and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with accounts receivable systems and ERP platforms
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills to address AR-related challenges
- Effective leadership and communication abilities, with a focus on teamwork and collaboration
- Experience working in a Federal Government Contracting environment required
- Experience overseeing offshore teams is preferred
- May travel between corporate locations
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.